Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While 3FM and Energy are a good diverse listening media, I think we should be mindful that despite where it is funded from, Manx Radio is the only local radio station that supports and broadcasts Manx culture and history, and has, like it or hate it,.....the moaning line.

If Manx Radio were to vanish it would be a great loss to the Isle of Man.

What radio station that is broadcast in shops is purely to encourage punters to buy their goods.

In recent times Manx Radio has proved that despite their paymasters (Government) they are reporting freely.

The anti-Manx Government coverage on the views of Roly Drower and Mark Kermode are proof of that!

And the "Headlines Again" satire, must make some of the high and corrupt mighty quivver in their boots! :P

I have listened to the three local broadcasters and I believe that Manx Radio seem to be more professional in their news broadcasts and items of local interest etc.

Manx Radio's website also has loads of news items that are updated every day and I cannot say that for 3FM or Energy :huh:

So in my humble opinion Manx Radio lead the battle at the moment!!

LT

Shamus makes a good point. 3fm and energy are simply better suited for shops as they play more music.

I agree

LT

seconded. i doubt many shops would have a radio station on that didnt play music. you dont want to hear some perosn natter on while your browsing in a shop.

i mainly listen to Radio One for the music, and Manx Radio for the news/weather. dont listen to Energy Fm, but thats because of personal reasons. to me manx radio is a station for news and info on whats going on locally, where as most other local radio stations are there to broadcast music.

Place where I was working recently played a lot of 3FM, I became really sick of it, they seem to have a very small playlist that just repeats, and repeats, and repeats and repeats.

At home, or driving, it's Radio 4 mostly, love their comedy (Just a Minute always has me in stitches), then a few times during the day/eve I'll switch over to Manx Radio for some local news/gossip.

I don't bother with Energy FM, the music doesn't do anything for me, and I certainly wouldn't bother with it for news.

I totally agreee with Last Ten, Manx Radio is streets ahead with it's broadcasting in terms of professional journalism, and cultural items.

I also agree that it's probably better for retailers to play mostly music though!!

3fm is beneath contempt.

I have to endure it all day at work, I feel like I am stuck in Guantanimo Bay, with the psych ops boys going to work on me.

I don't like radios in the workplace because I can't escape this constant racket, it bores into him, making it impossible to think clearly, leaving me stressed.

R1 and Energy were bad but 3fm is even worse every song seems to be sung by a whiny adolescent at just the right pitch so that it won't be drowned out by general office hubbub.

I have contemplated going to the Union about it, but I doubt they'd be much use.

Manx Radio have about 10-12 people working on news/current affairs

3FM have 2 - plus the prog controller when a court hearing has to be attended during the day

Energy have just 1 student

On the ratio of news items to journos 3FM bring in the best value, even if they do tape Manx Rado news and then add the story at the next bulletin. Thats fun to hear how they rewrite it just enough to make it sound like they didn't steal it!

Manx should have less music programes, specially that guy in the mornings and do more rolling news, both local and UK

Stopped listening to manx radio since the mannin line was taken off, i now listen to energy fm or radio2 i find that better type of music.

Manx Radio is ok if you want to know about the local news and weather but what puts me off is listening to the obituaries, talk about depressing.

Manx Radio is boring always has been always will be it does nothing for the younger listener.

Archived