Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

Manx radio has the best local news of all the radio stations.

Absolutely true, Slim, I totally agree. I must admit that, somewhat boringly, I prefer speech radio anyway.

All the Mandates, news items, Mannin Line, Tynwald and election coverage etc are what Manx Radio is all about.

I wish all the other stations the best of luck though.

MR,They were the first British radio/TV station to give out the results from the Daytona bike Races in the USA complete with interviews.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manx radio has the best local news of all the radio stations.

Absolutely true, Slim, I totally agree. I must admit that, somewhat boringly, I prefer speech radio anyway.

All the Mandates, news items, Mannin Line, Tynwald and election coverage etc are what Manx Radio is all about.

I wish all the other stations the best of luck though.

MR,They were the first British radio/TV station to give out the results from the Daytona bike Races in the USA complete with interviews.

Cannell in pit lane? :D

On the ratio of news items to journos 3FM bring in the best value, even if they do tape Manx Rado news and then add the story at the next bulletin. Thats fun to hear how they rewrite it just enough to make it sound like they didn't steal it!

LOL!

Are you serious????

Manx Radio have about 10-12 people working on news/current affairs

3FM have 2 - plus the prog controller when a court hearing has to be attended during the day

Energy have just 1 student

Get with it fool

Matt isn't a bloody student

/OT

DAB works in Ramsey with a telescopic antenna. I bought a smart DAB radio from Index in Douglas. £50. A very nicely designed and functional unit. Then I bought another for my Mum (she listens to Radio 3 mostly and wanted it for the kitchen).

At my old property I can get the BBC National Network + a load of other stations on one of the sub networks / multiplexes (I'm still sussing out how DAB works). But I'm only really after the BBC stuff. Where I'm staying I can only get the BBC stuff. It's a good system.

Actually - I've found that DAB works on much of the island. Had it with me in the car last week. There were very few places (north, south, east, west) where I couldn't get it to receive (at least) the BBC National Network.

PS - I explored DAB initially because I was p155ed off about our rotten FM reception in Ramsey which deteriorated considerably when the 3FM transmitter was installed adjacent to the Energy FM transmitter on Kings Court (the effect of which was to kill reception of all other VHF FM stations other than Energy).

I understand that the licencing authority people (OFFCOM) are coming back over to look again at the problem. About a week from now AFAIK. It was really annoying me until I found that DAB works great.

The DAB radio doesn't get Energy, 3FM or Manx Radio. Radios 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1Xtra, 7, World etc are crystal clear. That's more than enough radio. Otherwise we use satellite and Freeview for the signals. I can certainly recommend DAB if you can get it. Great for portables.

I'm surprised that 3FM and Energy haven't both switched off their Kings Court transmitters until the issue (which they certainly both know about) is resolved. Energy have the greater claim to being right because they were broadcasting first. But IMO they should both switch off until the issues are resolved. Since it affects people who don't want to listen to either of their outputs. And it also affects Manx Radio which is supposed to be the emergency / disaster service.

Archived