Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

i don't listen to 3fm because they are just a radio 2 copy

But not as good. I used to like going into the dark room at college cos the radio was on BBC radio 2 and locked in a cupboard so it couldn't be changed. Then it got changed by the powers-that-be to 3FM which I don't really like.

edit: stop drinking and using the internet...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon,

I don't know where you have got the idea that Manx Radio is the station to listen to in emergencies, the Emergency planning Department advise you to listen to a local radio station. In the event of an emergency Energy FM would be broadcasting the same information that Manx Radio would as the emergency services would be relying on both the stations (not sure about 3Fm, as they seem to be mostly voiced tracked).

Regarding the interference situation in Ramsey, 3FM’s transmitter should be shut down as it’s standard practise in the industry, that any new Tx’s that are causing interference either on their own or as a result of a frequency mix are the ones to shut down. I also believe that 3FM’s aerial at Kings Court has suffered due to the weather and is now radiating a strange pattern, which will not help.

As for DAB, the reason that you cannot get any Local services on it as the Communications Commission will not install a multiplexer at Carnane. The Island did have one for about 12 months, a couple of years ago, but that was for test transmissions.

I’m glad we don’t have these problems in Commercial Television Broadcasting!!!

I also believe that 3FM’s aerial at Kings Court has suffered due to the weather and is now radiating a strange pattern, which will not help.

It's hanging at a very odd angle. About 45 degrees.

In the event of an emergency Energy FM would be broadcasting the same information that Manx Radio would as the emergency services would be relying on both the stations

(Noted!) I think I got the idea from Manx Radio.

I read this beautiful publication on the history of Manx radio, it was so well documented and interesting. I was a bit upset as i had this idea but never got round to it. Instead I have decided to cheer myself up by writing the history of another local radio station... Three FM.

Well here is the first draft:

Three FM day one...

Alder brings the money, Ferguson and Berry bring the experience

...Six months later at Three FM

Alder's certainly had the experience :o , Ferguson and Berry had the money! :lol:

They had a really bad Jan / Feb at Three FM advertising dept. there's all sorts falling apart behind the BIG red door, come on shaky write a song about the red door!!!

I've heard all sorts of rumours that it's just part of an established UK/Channel Isles/Irish radio group... and that the local people who front it here have little or no say in anything.

IF that's true, it appears that it's just here to take money out of the IOM economy.

Of course, I have absolutely no proof, and expect the paper trail to their true ownership is fairly complex? Dunno how you'd find out for sure.

:P Manx Radio is broadcast from Mars, this is why people have difficulty in picking it up in places like Sulby Claddaghs and various other places too numerous to mention.

Im not sure if the aliens run it or do they send people from the Island. Its rather hard to work out..

:P

I always thought that aliens favoured out of the way places though so, in theory the reception would be better there yes?

Or is this just another government misinformation policy to keep the locals in their place?

:whatever:

The house of keys always pull your leg mission!! It's their national pass time, the sad thing is, if you pull theirs, they start crying and get all beside them selves.

They too are from Mars, and I have it on good authority that some of the realy spooky ones come from planet Porky Pie.....

:P:P:P

Are you asking Sam or telling us something?

I was all for this 3fm but it is totally not what was stated when all the hoo-har kicked off about a 3rd radio satation.

We were promised, when it was licensed... a radio 2 style format which i thought was great, radio 2 and local news. Bargain.

Instead what we get is far too many new pop songs and middle of the road oldies. did someone down there get there oldies from the bargain basket at woolies? it certainly sounds it otherwise it's self indulgent music selecting.

A lot of the time i'm sure it's recorded as when they do the speaking bit in between records they just say "more music 3fm that was, this is.." and the weather is as vague as it comes. Nobody ever answers the bloody phone which makes me suspicious. Also I've noticed some of the mentions they give out are in alphabetical order "big hello to john james, kevin and Ian at xcv holdings" are they reading from a birth names book?

Also I've noticed some of the mentions they give out are in alphabetical order "big hello to john james, kevin and Ian at xcv holdings" are they reading from a birth names book?

I suggest you write a letter to the newspaper detailing your very valid concerns :lol:

(PS: I would reacquaint yourself with the alphabet before you do)

Also I've noticed some of the mentions they give out are in alphabetical order "big hello to john james, kevin and Ian at xcv holdings" are they reading from a birth names book?

I suggest you write a letter to the newspaper detailing your very valid concerns :lol:

(PS: I would reacquaint yourself with the alphabet before you do)

:lol:

Archived