Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

If they're not prepared to restore the Mannin Line, what about creating a public forum programme in the style of Radio 4s 'Any Questions' or the TV's 'Question Time?'

Two or three local politicians, or people in the news, an audience to ask the questions and 'supplementary questions,' and some like David Collister, Stu Peters or John Moss to be in the chair.

As it could be pre-recorded, there would be no need for any 'delay' buttons, just a bit of editing to remove obscene or libellous content.

And if something was then removed because it was too 'contentious' there would be enough people in the audience who would know about it and be able to complain.

How about it, 'national station?'

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an excellent idea.

They do that sort of thing before the general election from a constituency pub and I think it worked well.

Manx Radio could give it a try and they seem to love the OB thing. I would certainly go along to such an event. It would be even better in licensed premises though. I am sure few MHKs would refuse such an invite.

Stu - any comments?

A regular Manx Question Time. What an great idea.

By the way I've just noticed on iomonline

Plans for a new radio station are unveiled.

Another radio station? :blink: As it appears we'll soon have one each, I'm calling mine Fido.

It may be true that not many went on the Mannin line, but this could just be the case that most Manxies are affraid to open their mouths in public and would just prefer to listen to the few brave ones. The Mannin line is not like the forums were anyone can post under some micky mouse name, on the Mannin line you have to give your real name.

What have Manxies and a Kipper got in common

It may be true that not many went on the Mannin line, but this could just be the case that most Manxies are affraid to open their mouths in public and would just prefer to listen to the few brave ones. The Mannin line is not like the forums were anyone can post under some micky mouse name, on the Mannin line you have to give your real name.

What have Manxies and a Kipper got in common

They like to be kept in the dark until the are cured?

They like to be vaccum packed?

They smell awful but taste great?

Answers on a postcard....

Absolute bullxxxx!

It's the same as anywhere else - there's always a few who are willing to lift their heads above the parapet while the rest cheer them on from somewhere safe.

And in case you hadn't noticed, this thread was meant to be Manx Radio - if you want to launch a diatribe against Manx people try opening another thread.

Absolute bullxxxx!

It's the same as anywhere else - there's always a few who are willing to lift their heads above the parapet while the rest cheer them on from somewhere safe.

And in case you hadn't noticed, this thread was meant to be Manx Radio - if you want to launch a diatribe against Manx people try opening another thread.

It was about Manx Radio, and its true your prepared to sit behind your MickyMouse name and blabber on could you do that on Manx Radio,

Anybody that wants to get something done, doesn't actually have to go on a radio phone in programme to achieve it. There are plenty of people who are quietly successful without feeling the need to paint a big 'look at me' flag on their bare chest.

Sometimes these people do far more harm than good.

Absolute bullxxxx!

It was about Manx Radio, and its true your prepared to sit behind your MickyMouse name and blabber on could you do that on Manx Radio,

All the events going on elsewhere in the world and his main concern is the use of Manx Radio...each to their own I guess but seriously dude

1) From someone who was reading the forums anonimously.

2) I've been interviewed several times on Manx Radio - and I've contributed to the Mannin Line at times.

3) Your post was less about the subject matter than a simple rant about the character of Manx people - with the use of a very old joke.

4) Until your 'contribution' intervened ther was a reasonably interesting discussion about proposing a public forum programme on the station - which has probably now been buried beneath your forthing-at-the-mouth tirade.

Anybody that wants to get something done, doesn't actually have to go on a radio phone in programme to achieve it. There are plenty of people who are quietly successful without feeling the need to paint a big 'look at me' flag on their bare chest.

Sometimes these people do far more harm than good.

Agreed in part, but try and get something into the public domain any other way here is near imposible, and thats what Government bank on

Lonan, you have more chance winning the Loto than getting an other program on Manx Radio in which the public can speak openly and live.

I have known of two occasions over the past few weeks when the presenter of the Manninin line has said he had no more callers on the line when in fact they had all lines engaged, also refused to read out emails

Archived