Ps3 Hacked

chapperlin

Well, in this case, each of the 64 elements is a 16 bit wide data value in hex, so that makes data structure 1024 bits wide, so thats probably enough to be a key.

Ah yes, though it's 8 bit data type not 16 making the data 512 bits long. I still dont think it's a key though, you can see what it is from the code, and (as I just demonstrated) I'm rubbish at C.

Forget to mention the point of that :) maybe its a key and maybe its not. Although the exploit is public source code, and you make some derivation with regard to how it works : without knowing the other side of the private ps3 code that accepts the exported array, it is still necessary to guess the interaction , as you only have only side of the two way conversation documented.

Not quite one side, as you can see the detections for responses. I really don't think it's a key, it's what the description says it is.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really matter how it works? The fact is it does, pretty easy to stay off line to stop any keys being revoked if it is a key and to avoid firmware updates. Homebrew is being worked on so in the future there will more than likely be a CFW that means there is no patch possible.

My Teensy board was shipped last night so I guess I should buy a PS3.

Does it really matter how it works? The fact is it does, pretty easy to stay off line to stop any keys being revoked if it is a key and to avoid firmware updates. Homebrew is being worked on so in the future there will more than likely be a CFW that means there is no patch possible.

My Teensy board was shipped last night so I guess I should buy a PS3.

Not a biggy, but it's interesting. Key or not, if you use it, you'd have to stay offline. The presence of unsigned code on your ps3 will be easy to detect, so I think it would be trivial for Sony to ban ps3's off psn that used the exploit.

Yeah I'm not that bothered about PSN I will still have my Xbox for online stuff but I very rarely play online any way.

I only want this as a bit of a project and because it works, might set the PS3 in the bedroom for iplayer and media duties, along with occasional free gaming.

3.42 is the only way to access PSN, so in Sony's world you have to upgrade. However, for now it looks like people who have the Jailbreak are sticking to 3.41 and using a proxy server bypass to remain online.

So actually updating to 3.42 isn't "the only way to access PSN" Gotta love coherent reporting.

Now if I could only buy a PS3, I've been to town 3 or 4 times with it in my mind to buy one and I just can't bring myself to hand over the cash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Forget to mention the point of that :) maybe its a key and maybe its not. Although the exploit is public source code, and you make some derivation with regard to how it works : without knowing the other side of the private ps3 code that accepts the exported array, it is still necessary to guess the interaction , as you only have only side of the two way conversation documented.

Apparently the key is now effectively public, and authors can generate their own signed software for the ps3, basically opening it up completely without any modification. Bad, bad news for Sony. I can't see how they can fix this either, change the key and all the old software will stop working. Only a hardware revision will sort this.

Archived