Treasury-

(1) Will you provide a breakdown of the total costs paid by Government

to IT consultants for the last twelve months, and the companies

involved;

(2) what responsibility does any company have in relation to systems

failures; and

(3) how do you assess that Government is receiving value for money for

any payments or contracts?

Is this relating to recent email failures? Anyone know who's getting fingered for that?

Noticed this question for written reply yesterday:

35. The Hon Member for Middle (Mr Quayle) to ask the Minister for the

Treasury-

(1) Will you provide a breakdown of the total costs paid by Government

to IT consultants for the last twelve months, and the companies

involved;

(2) what responsibility does any company have in relation to systems

failures; and

(3) how do you assess that Government is receiving value for money for

any payments or contracts?

Is this relating to recent email failures? Anyone know who's getting fingered for that?

I would start looking at XKO? :ph34r:

The Government use many IT companies for various different things. I saw this question in the paper too ( no idea why, I never normall read those parts ) and I must admit I was curious as to what prompted it.

The amount spent on contractors should be very interesting....

Rather than the goverment get in staff in 6 or 12 month contracts they get them from skanco and the likes who in turn get them from recruitment agencies! Double agency fees!

Id quite like to see how much money paid for contractors actually made it into those contractors pockets!

"Id quite like to see how much money paid for contractors actually made it into those contractors pockets!"

not very much. trust me. the middle men are doing VERY nicely. i reckon about a fifth goes to the contractor, that's what i someone i know quite well gets.

Maybe it does save money then!

I guess when you think about how much it costs to employ someone full time, train them, give them holiday pay and a pension it probably is cheaper to use an agency (even one who is also using an agency!)

It is more cost effective because a private contractor will have to earn his/her pay.

Instead of a government employee that only needs to turn up in the morning look at the problem then go for a bacon bap, come back about 10.30am knock off at 11.50am, come back at 1.30pm, 3pm tea break then 4.30pm knock off then home to watch blue peter "Down Shep" lol.

It is more cost effective because a private contractor will have to earn his/her pay.

Instead of a government employee that only needs to turn up in the morning look at the problem then go for a bacon bap, come back about 10.30am knock off at 11.50am, come back at 1.30pm, 3pm tea break then 4.30pm knock off then home to watch blue peter "Down Shep" lol.

:ph34r: Highways Division? :ph34r:

You missed out "trolling on Manx Forums all day" from your summary.......

Archived