Mea And Another 50 Million?

Billy One Mate

Interest is added on each year 

Interest can accrue at whatever rate is agreed between the parties, it can be yearly, monthly, daily. Or it can be agreed to be a fixed rate for the term of the loan.

I don't know what the arrangement was and I doubt you do either. But you'll probably tell me anyway......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With a population of about 75000 it means every man, woman and child would have to pay £746 per anum to cover the dept and this would be on top of the electric bills

This doesn't take into account the electricity bills paid by businesses. At work we pay about £4k pa for electricity. I'd hate to think what some of these offices full of computers, etc., pay each year.

I'd guess two or three of the larger organisations on the Island (MT/Barclays/Skandia/Martin Baker/etc) would be more than the total bill for all residential customers. Finger in air guess though, could be way off.

Tynwald were told that the MEA had forcast a turnover of £35-4 million for the current financial year, if that is true how can they afford to pay back £21 million interest plus the capital. Its been said by someone that the loans are over ten years, and if thats true it means that the MEA would have to pay £35 million per anum of the capital, so its impossible for the figues to stack up

I must admit, I've watched my electricity bills take quite a hike recently - they seem to be regularly 'reviewing' my monthly direct debit arrangement in favour of an upward turn.

My last bill (last week) was quite an eye opener... Oh, and was followed by the now almost mandatory 'review'.

Bah humbug.

My last bill (last week) was quite an eye opener... Oh, and was followed by the now almost mandatory 'review'.

Bah humbug.

Jesus H... just got my latest electicity bill... my thoughts now are that the MEA will survive... we're going to pay for its survival, like it or not...

Question, has anyone tried buying power from suppliers in the UK? I often get spam mail from various companies over there asking me to change... Uswitch was the latest one...

Archived