Michael O' Leary Asks Cabin Crew To Land Aircraft.

Langweilig

Not read the book but could he land it when the cat3b ils was off for maintenance and it was raining horizontally with a near limits crosswind? Just wondered...

...or more precisely could the flight attendant land it? I bet sales of the book would go up mighty fast if the pilot collapsed...makes a change from being offered scratch cards and cheap rail tickets into London. The €1 charge for the loo might do well too.

CLICK

Global warming? It doesn't exist, says Ryanair boss O'Leary.

And, just to get Chinahand choking on his cornflakes, a couple of quotes:

The scientific community has nearly always been wrong in history anyway. In the Middle Ages, they were going to excommunicate Galileo because the entire scientific community said the Earth was flat... I mean, it is absolutely bizarre that the people who can't tell us what the fucking weather is next Tuesday can predict with absolute precision what the fucking global temperatures will be in 100 years' time. It's horseshit.

Of air passenger duty, which will rise by between £1 and £30 in November, Mr O'Leary said: "When they introduced it the Treasury said: 'We will ring-fence this money and use it for global climate change initiatives'. We've written to them once every six months – they never answer the letter – saying: 'What do you use the money for?' It's a straight-forward tax scam... My average fare is £34. I pay passenger tax of £10: I pay 33 per cent of my revenues in these aviation taxes.

Aviation gets a crap deal. This is the great historical justification among environmentalists for taxing air travel: 'They don't have tax on fuel'. The only reason we don't pay tax on fuel is that governments can't tax it because you'll upload fuel somewhere else if they tax it.

The scientific community has nearly always been wrong in history anyway. In the Middle Ages, they were going to excommunicate Galileo because the entire scientific community said the Earth was flat... I mean, it is absolutely bizarre that the people who can't tell us what the fucking weather is next Tuesday can predict with absolute precision what the fucking global temperatures will be in 100 years' time. It's horseshit.

He could have a point.

He could have a point.

I hate to bore you with facts, but Galileo was actually condemned by the Inquisition for his support of heliocentrism - declaring that the Earth orbits the sun instead of vice versa. It had nothing to do with Earth being round.

At the same time, I also have doubts about the extent to which humans are responsible for climate change.

Archived