Burning Holy Books

La_Dolce_Vita

The sin of pride incarnate. Sad.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many people realise that the idolatrous cult actually drops one of the ten Commandments and splits another into two to make the number back up.

My goodness, Spook, believe it or not Catholics revere every bit of Exodus 20:1-17. The entire piece is taken at as a whole.

Certainly the way they divide it up is different, but believe it or not they aren't listed as 10 commandments in the bible they are a list divided into verses which do not correspond exactly to how they are regarded now. There are something like 12 assertions in the piece.

Why pick on the Catholics - the Jews divide them up differently from the Anglicans who divide it differently from the Catholics who divide it differently from the Othodox. Interestingly the Catholics and the Lutheran Church agree with each other on how to divide it up - are you just as outraged by the Lutherans as well?

So please tell me what are the correct 10 commandments? And please say how you know.

If one group says number 1 is "I am the Lord your God" and number 2 is "You shall have no other gods before me and You shall not make for yourself an idol", is this really such an issue if another group says no these are all a single commandment and the second is "Do not take the name of the Lord in vain".

Sects squabbling over pin heads is my response, but each to his own!

The sin of pride incarnate. Sad.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

Get fucked (Jim 14:45)

As a christian you learned what Jesus did and what he said and did your best to follow what he said and did as well as you could.

Go back to window licking on the Strang bus.

Fail.

No, not fail. Because I am a Christian it doesn mean that I am a pushover,as a Christian I can be just as brass necked as anyone. Bearing Good Witness is much more than being soft and gentle, Jesus certainly wasn't. People who think Christianity is all about nicety and never showing steel really dont understand us at all. There are times we have to bear witness to that so others who think Christianity is only for the effete and polite can see that it is far more and as a result hopefully will see that there is a place for everyone who wants to accept Christs invitation.

Spook I love the way etc.

There are many translations of The Bible. The KJV for example translates Genesis 1 : 1 as “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth” Note the singular “heaven” which in the way it is used actually refers to a whole domain of type heaven, just as earth refers to a whole domain of type earth.

That translation which is closest to the Greek texts and also to the Hebrew torah shows that at that time God created two domains, heaven and earth.

It does not mean solely OUR earth or even a single heaven at that stage of the sequence. In fact the later reference to the firmament indicates that heaven is a domain in which many things are established not a single place just as is the case of earth.

As for the rest I have written what I believe. And what others believe. I have explained the way that Genesis aligns perfectly with what took place and how there is no discontinuity with what science observes, just that scientific THEORY is wrong. Speculation built on itself or failure to rationalise what is seen with creation.

I wonder how many people realise that the idolatrous cult actually drops one of the “ten” Commandments and splits another into two to make the number back up.

My goodness, Spook, believe it or not Catholics revere every bit of Exodus 20:1-17. The entire piece is taken at as a whole.

Certainly the way they divide it up is different, but believe it or not they aren't listed as 10 commandments in the bible they are a list divided into verses which do not correspond exactly to how they are regarded now. There are something like 12 assertions in the piece.

Why pick on the Catholics - the Jews divide them up differently from the Anglicans who divide it differently from the Catholics who divide it differently from the Othodox. Interestingly the Catholics and the Lutheran Church agree with each other on how to divide it up - are you just as outraged by the Lutherans as well?

So please tell me what are the correct 10 commandments? And please say how you know.

If one group says number 1 is "I am the Lord your God" and number 2 is "You shall have no other gods before me and You shall not make for yourself an idol", is this really such an issue if another group says no these are all a single commandment and the second is "Do not take the name of the Lord in vain".

Sects squabbling over pin heads is my response, but each to his own!

In the Roman Catholic distortion of Exodus the second commandment simply doesn’t appear. The whole commandment regarding idols and worshiping idols is removed and the tenth is split into two.

This is not squabbling over niceties, this is about forcing priests into a relationship between Man and God in which they have no place, no right, and certainly no jurisdiction. It is about seperating The Trinity from man by the use of what are nothing more than Jujus and it is utterly wrong in every possible way. Priests claiming the right to separate Man from God by withholding totally pointless “sacraments”, another abomination, introducing Mary as a means of intercession when no intercession is, could be, can be. Or even will be needed between God and Man, another abomination.

But me no buts about Roman Catholicism and its use of a heretical blasphemous distortion of what is good and wholesome. It is little better than Voodoo in the way that it distorts that from which it claims authority.

The only authentic source is the jew source, the torah scroll. That is the baseline.

Archived