It's on iplayer now at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tr2p3/Vatican_The_Hidden_World/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pope molested my anus. :(

and even the Manx in Nigeria?
What are you refering to, John?

I think it is understandable why the Pope makes his visits, why he is revered and respected, and why he is accorded with the status of a Statesmen (or more precisely in perception, as almost like royalty). But it is just a terrible shame that is the case.

Colonel Goldie from the Nunnery ran the Nigeria Company which occupied, with a private army, and exploited Nigeria (a bit like the East India Company ran India) before Nigeria became a colony

Phil the Greek adds his inimmitable touch.

"The Duke of Edinburgh has sparked controversy during the Pope Benedict XVI's visit by asking Scotland's most senior Conservative politician whether she owned a pair of tartan knickers. "

Actually, they're probably lucky that he didn't ask the pope whether he'd ever killed any Jews.

Phil the Greek adds his inimmitable touch.

"The Duke of Edinburgh has sparked controversy during the Pope Benedict XVI's visit by asking Scotland's most senior Conservative politician whether she owned a pair of tartan knickers. "

Actually, they're probably lucky that he didn't ask the pope whether he'd ever killed any Jews.

I love him, the only point to royalty is the duke.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100916/tuk-pope-britain-is-force-for-good-dba1618.html

Nazi Germany was not a secular society and nor were the Nazis atheists.

I do have to say I find the twisting of history by the religious to claim Hitler was an atheist sickening - just read these quotes. Hitler was not an atheist: he saw himself as a Christian acting out a Christian program.

The important point of all this isn't that religion or lack of religion lead to immorality, but how people can twist ideology for their own ends. Something Hitler did and the Pope is also doing with his revisionist history of his religion's interactions with Nazism.

I have to say I find this sort of thing offensive.

Some people's inability to understand logic is just incredible.

The pope doesn't believe in fairies.

The UDF doesn't believe in fairies.

Therefore the pope supports the UDF and its terrorism.

That is the logic this press relief is using to link secularists in the UK to the Nazis, Mao and Stalin.

Atheists don't believe in God - that is it. That doesn't mean they believe in totalitarianism, support Mao, or Stalin, or Hitler (who quite definitely wasn't an atheist no matter what the Catholic Church is now claiming!).

I love the bit about the Pope being "entirely innocent of any misconduct" - that's the point - it wasn't misconduct to hide Child abuse - it was actively encouraged right at the highest levels of the Vatican, that is what so disgust people. The idea was if someone reported Child abuse to silence them and move the abuser on without warning the secular authorities. Link1, Link2

The Catholic Church's supercillious attitude over this is just sickening, and its desire to brand secularists as extremists typical of its behaviour.

Well it was bound to happen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11344752

Father Ted inspires Pope protesters' choice of placards

One of the creators of Father Ted has said he "couldn't be more proud" after anti-Pope protesters used placards inspired by the sit com.

On Thursday, one demonstrator in Edinburgh carried a sign reading "Down with this sort of thing".

The Pope in Edinburgh - Thu 16 September 2010-0319

Archived