Popes Visit

mæŋksmən

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Big Bang happened but I don't know why it happened, what came before, or even if we can talk about 'a before'. I don't have answers. I therefore don't need to come to the conclusion that SOMEONE/SOMETHING did it.

Besides, again, what does hedging bets have to do with anything. Why would anyone hedge their bets? I don't understand the concept in reference to the possibility of their possibility being something that made the universe. I understand the ridiculous Pascal's Wager that some people comment on, but it would be even more crazy to hedge your bets against a possible creator-something. You wouldn't know much about it at all to start considering hedging bets.

So its the smart thing to do then, deny and bad mouth god in public.

You still never answered why we exist at all.

I gave up engaging LDV a few posts back as all he seems to do is constantly play devil's advocate in a whiney 2 year old "but why?" kind of way, you know, whatever answer you give which is perfectly acceptable to a rational human being is actually not enough for LDV, it is never enough for l'enfant terrible!

Truth is only a nugget would deny god,

Best say nowt just incase, hedge your bets.

I mean i aint bein funny or nuthin but eternity is a long time you know.

Next time you're talking to him, tell him he fucks up too often to have many fans.

If God exists because "someone caused the Big Bang" why did such a smart guy put his name to the biggest pile of dodgy fairy-tales that is commonly called the Bible?

ETA

Bottom line to my way of thinking:-

If you believe in a God, he/she/it exists. Keep it to yourself and don't question others non belief.

The same goes for non believers though my outburst above contradicts my ethos, sorry and I retract it.

So its the smart thing to do then, deny and bad mouth god in public.

You still never answered why we exist at all.

No, it isn't smart at all. If you believed it was better to keep stum in case a God exists then you would have a list of attributes you would have to apply to that God - all without a shred of evidence. 1) There's the possibility of a someTHING existing that created the universe (though there is nothing to indicate this) 2) You think it still exists 3) You think it created humans 4) You think it can read people's minds or listen to what they're saying AND it understands us 4) That it gives a fuck what is said about it. You could probably fit in some more requirements for this supposed thing you hedge your bets against.

Matt Bawden

I gave up engaging LDV a few posts back as all he seems to do is constantly play devil's advocate in a whiney 2 year old "but why?" kind of way, you know, whatever answer you give which is perfectly acceptable to a rational human being is actually not enough for LDV, it is never enough for l'enfant terrible!
My responses have been more of a 'what', as in 'what are YOU talking about', because they don't make much sense from the perspective of reality.

And I really doubt you know what you're talking about when you refer to 'rational' human beings. I don't see anything rational in what you were saying earlier.

You're just making up an idea of a God as you go along. It really doesn't make sense.

Archived