4 Bedroom House For Sale

Matt Bawden

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Slow market then If its been on for six months, or maybe you are asking too much.

I think it's a bit of both, we put it on for less than the estate agent advised, to be honest we would be happy enough to sell for way less as we think property is hugely overpriced, however I guess we need an official line of "House prices fall by 20-30%" otherwise we are unable to go where we plan to. It really needs everyone who is selling to act at the same time.

I know MF is 'international' but you might do better aiming your advertising towards the UK - it obviously needs someone with a fair amount of cash and there still people in that category looking to relocate here. Fine houses in Eleanora Drive - best of luck with your sale.

I know MF is 'international' but you might do better aiming your advertising towards the UK - it obviously needs someone with a fair amount of cash and there still people in that category looking to relocate here. Fine houses in Eleanora Drive - best of luck with your sale.

Or maybe just remove the reference to the fact that you think your house is "hugely overpriced" as per the previous post? There's nothing more prone to inviting low offers than the owners themselves admitting in writing that their property is not worth anywhere near what they are asking for it. I'm not an estate agent but I think it's likely good advice.

• 1 year later...

Or maybe just remove the reference to the fact that you think your house is "hugely overpriced" as per the previous post? There's nothing more prone to inviting low offers than the owners themselves admitting in writing that their property is not worth anywhere near what they are asking for it. I'm not an estate agent but I think it's likely good advice.

Forgot I had this on....I didn't say that my house only was hugely overpriced but that all property on the Isle of Man is hugely overpriced, in fact pretty much everything on the Island is hugely overpriced.......now at £425,000.00.

Thanks I'll get onto the Estate Agents

Its a bit of a puzzle in the Isle of Man Matt.

Usually markets work just like markets are supposed to.

But here in the IOM, things seem to be different.

Breweries, for example, seem to react to falling volumes by raising prices. (This flies in the face of market theory and might explain all the empty pubs)

House sellers, seem to react to falling sales by maintaining asking prices at levels which arent attracting buyers.

The truth is anything will sell if its set at the right price. Its a lesson I learned the hard way when making the transition from seaman to businessman.

If the market is in deep trouble, as is housing in the Isle of Man. please dont expect top dollar for your dwelling.

Unrelated but those of us who received last week's Courier ....... have you ever seen so many houses for sale with one estate agent? This little place is not functioning correctly at the moment.

Archived