Canon Dslr Camera Bundle Deal

Cret

Am selling my beloved Canon 500D Digital SLR and a load of goodies with it as a bundle.

SOLD

This package includes:

•  
  • Canon 28-135mm IS USM zoom lens.
  • Canon 50mm F1.8 prime lens.
  • Large battery grip
  • 2 Batteries & charger
  • Hotshoe spirit level
  • Cable Remote Shutter Release
  • Infra Red Shutter Remote
  • Sandisk Extreme 8gb SD card 30mb/s Class10
  • Sandisk Ultra 8gb SD card 15mb/s Class4
  • Roll of Lens tissue
  • Bulb blower
  • Canon Neck Strap

The EOS 500D camera body is in great condition, is boxed, and has manuals etc. Works perfectly and is a fantastic camera delivering awesome quality 15.1 megapixel images. Uses SD cards, and can record stunning quality HD video.

Full info on this model available here:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09032504canoneos500d.asp

IMAG0168.jpg

28-135mm USM IS zoom lens - this lens is a great all rounder and is exactly what I was using for most of my shots until quite recently. It's considered one of the best and most versatile 'Walkabout' lenses (not including the L series ones upwards of 3x the cost!). The ultrasonic autofocus is fast and quiet, and the image stabiliser aids the clarity of handheld shots, in particular in low light.

There is a slight issue with this model of lens, i.e. that it is notorious for getting dust inside the front element as it is not weather sealed well enough. If you read reviews you will see loads of comments to this effect and this example is no different, it has dust in the front of it like they probably all do. It's not an issue where image quality is concerned however and is cosmetic more than anything as most online info will corroborate. Just being honest in describing it to avoid any comeback! It can always be cleaned by Canon although there's really no point or benefit to doing so other than how it looks.

Great lens, boxed, with manual, great condition, includes genuine canon lens hood (the lens hood itself does have minor marks on it).

50mm F1.8 Prime lens - this lens has an amazing reputation and when you own one it's apparent why. They're sharp, and bright, and the low F stop of 1.8mm is fantastic for low light pics and awesome looking portrait shots. Read some reviews if you like but the reputation precedes them! A bit plasticky in build quality but still pretty robust considering it's a plastic housing. Great condition, boxed, with manual.

The large battery grip is a superb addition to the camera. This one is not a genuine canon one but feels and works just great. It serves several purposes -

Adds mass to the camera body to make it more solid and stable, in particular with a chunky lens to give it balance.

Doubles up the battery power for long lasting power

Has a load of the camera buttons replicated so that you can do portrait shots much more comfortably, by being able to hold the camera as if it were a normal landscape shot and still have the right buttons in the right place. Until you've used a big battery grip you're really missing out!

This includes a second battery (non Canon), and also an adaptor tray so that the camera can also run on AA batteries. Mega handy in case you do get 'caught short' without properly charged camera batteries.

Hotshoe spirit level - This is a handy little level that slots onto the top of the camera so that when using a tripod you can ensure the camera is level for panning etc.

2 Remote controls - a boon for doing long exposures or remote triggering to avoid any camera shake etc. One wired, one wireless.

2 Sandisk memory cards - both 8gb, one a superfast Extreme model at 30mb/s and the other more modest Ultra model at 15mb/s. As far as I can tell they are genuine Sandisk ones, not fakes, as they were bought relatively recently from Play, and perform as expected & give loads of room for pics.

Roll of lens tissue - Jessops stuff, not much to say but very handy to have.

Bulb type lens blower - for blowing dust off your lens/camera.

Canon neck strap - just what it says it is.

Lots of you will have seen pics I've done with this lot in the Lens Flair thread on here. I love this gear and am only parting with it all to pay towards an upgrade. I wouldn't have been doing an upgrade at all but my mate did and keeps flouting the new camera in front of me and it's made me want one now too. Until that sod bought his new one, I was more than happy with this. :rolleyes:

The new price of all of this stuff together is around £1300, although now that this camera model has been out a year or two that would be less now if you bought all this stuff brand new.

I'm asking £650ovno for all of this bundle which I think is a pretty good deal. A 500D new is around £550-650 now depending where you buy them, so for around the same money as a new camera body you get the same camera in great condition, PLUS: 2 great, well reviewed/popular lenses, a mega handy battery grip and extra battery, 2 decent branded memory cards, and a few other bits & pieces, with the important bits boxed and with instructions.

That's gotta be a great deal in anyone's book surely! This is it all (except the camera itself!):

IMG_6578.jpg

Any questions welcome via reply/pm/email/or on (evenings and weekends only for calls please!)

Will consider splitting the bundle but only if I sell the camera body first.

SOLD

Cheers

Jim

Archived