Jersey & Guernsey Looking At Opportunities In East

manxy

Interesting to see that both Jersey & Guernsey who have already signed up 15 countries, are looking East to boost their Tax Information Exchange Agreements with India, China, Japan, Korea and Indonesia.

paper link here

For those in the know, has the IOM established contacts with the East or is looking too in the near future?

opportunities may exist in Taiwan, Korea and the like, but not in China or Hong Kong (Cayman and BVI are too well established there). Not sure about India - the recvent Vodafone case suggests they're quite keen to stamp down on avoidance

Why not look nearer to home and sign up all EEA members and whilst at it explore EU membership and have a 500 million + market on our doorstep.

Totally naive,

is that possible and what negative/positive things come out of this?

did I not read something in this weeks paper about couple MHKs going to China for this very thing

I see that discussions with Germany went well and that the two tax cooperation agreements signed with Germany in May 2009 will shortly enter into force.. Tax Agreement

Whilst I'm on about Jersey, here's some changes and

cost cutting schemes they're going to implement

Proposals include merging the Fire and Rescue Service with the Ambulance Service, outsourcing prison services and sending foreign prisoners - currently 40% of inmates - home.

Archived