Whos Scared

FCMR

Yes you have hit on the head, some posters on this site are stuck with the fingers in the ear, and after seing some of the replies to postings, I hope that you regret what you have said. At all time I have posted warnings to you the kids on this forum that you will get shafted, I may be one of those that shaft you and buy your house when you are in the xxxx. Most of you on these forums are young and have a lot to learn, All I have said and that of Chufty may come back to bite you on the Ass, Ive been in that place had my ass chewed and lost the lot, dont come back crying that we did not warn you.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, nobody asked for you to come and save us, nobody asked that you use these forums to warn us of impending doom and nobody asked you to be a condescending xxxx so stop trying to make us grateful for what you believe you have done!

I realise that sometimes some people post certain things that could be detrimental to the forums and that needs to be dealt with, but if you don't like what another person has posted in here, surely it'd be better if you just ignored what they say? Replying to them all the time just gives them the amunition to keep firing back at you. If there's a post that you don't agree with just ignore it and maybe the person in question will eventually give up and either go away or start on something else because no one's biting back.

Yeah, Minnie that is usually the best practice, and one I've carried out for months, but when we are on our third forum, and more importantly the tone and spirit of the forum has mutated into a political skeet shop, with jurnos and politicians looking on, it is time for the people responsible for this to be told what they've done.

If a person is posting comments that the moderators/other posters really and truly believe could lead to the demise of another forum is it not possible for you to put a block on them posting and take away their membership?

I've only got a post count of about two here, so probably don't have any right to comment, but what the hey.

I've learned a hell of a lot about Manx politics from Chuft and FMCR's posts and the background reading which I've done around them. I would rather they didn't have to be banned. But we don't want another forum disappearing with less than a week's notice. So, Chuft, FMCR, please consider the other users of this forum when you're making contentious posts. And, if you need to post things you might not get away with on here, I'll gladly help you set up your own forum.

To be honest, I am more bothered by the change in the tone and spirit of the forums since their arrival and by the current absentees.

If it was just the contentious nature of their posts, or Governmental pressure or something I would be inclined to support them.

I think it's time everyone made an effort to get some light stuff posted up (me included) and depressing threads like this one will die a death.

I realise that sometimes some people post certain things that could be detrimental to the forums and that needs to be dealt with, but if you don't like what another person has posted in here, surely it'd be better if you just ignored what they say?

This forum software actually gives you the facility to ignore certain posters. Click on their profile and then click on 'Ignore User'

Works a treat.

Sorry to anyone who was confused by the changes in FCMR's post - I meant to hit quote but hit edit instead.

Luckily, I cut rather than deleted so I was able to restore the post to it's pristine glory. Apologies.

Anyway I meant to say....

"Can you sign a legal disclaimer that your posts will be interesting, witty or amusing?"

Archived