Another Big Bill For Government

crumlin

A couple of months ago the Wedding Cake Building was found to have serious dry rot, resulting in extra major costs to the Government. Its now been found that the Building now has serious structural faults, the site is a no go zone at the moment due to the faults. This is going to cost mega bucks to put right or will they just knock it down. The costs for the refurbishment must have doubled from the tender costs by now.

Yeah exactly, there's only so much a surveyor can see without tearing the place apart. Now that they have done, they can see a lot easier. You can tell Crumlin is a pen pusher ;)

Yeah exactly, there's only so much a surveyor can see without tearing the place apart. Now that they have done, they can see a lot easier. You can tell Crumlin is a pen pusher ;)

Your out of order, we employ independant surveyors/engineers to carry out surveys on any projects, these people are employed to make sure that all items of refurbishment have been covered.

The Wedding cake is an old building, and engineers have been paid vast sums of money to take care of it. Engineers love it when a project goes tits up, it then becomes an open cheque book. Dandara priced this project as a fixed no risk contract, yet got stuffed by a paddy firm. Danadara would of completed this job at a loss, on the chin so to speak

Your out of order, we employ independant surveyors/engineers to carry out surveys on any projects, these people are employed to make sure that all items of refurbishment have been covered.

Unfortuntately, as I said above, there are just some things you can't see unless you tear things apart.

Well i know all about this job and unless the surveyor has x-ray specs he will not find everything.

The only way to find every defect is to rip the building to its bare skeleton which they have done and now they will see what is wrong with it.

The reason they are cheaper than a manx company is they don't price for everything and when they get the job they add everything they didnt price as extras, meaning they quote for two thirds of the work then add the last third as extras, its a clever way of getting a job.

It sickens the government for giving the work away to a irish company all the money goes off island, i guess these mhk's hate to see someone doing better than them, the old manx crabs yussir.

Why would dandara want to go into government work i thought they were making vast sums from building there hutches.

Opps sorry A superb three-bedroom semi detached family home, spacious accommodation including dining kitchen, lounge, family bathroom and garage with utility area.

Price from £179,950

Well i know all about this job and unless the surveyor has x-ray specs he will not find everything.

The only way to find every defect is to rip the building to its bare skeleton which they have done and now they will see what is wrong with it.

The reason they are cheaper than a manx company is they don't price for everything and when they get the job they add everything they didnt price as extras, meaning they quote for two thirds of the work then add the last third as extras, its a clever way of getting a job.

It sickens the government for giving the work away to a irish company all the money goes off island, i guess these mhk's hate to see someone doing better than them, the old manx crabs yussir.

Why would dandara want to go into government work i thought they were making vast sums from building there hutches.

Government produced a report that states that the wedding cake building was full of dry rot, this report was produced 10 years ago and is on public record, so why was it not priced for

lol thats life m8 you cannot price for the dry rot untill the areas are exposed, meaning the dry rot was to be priced for once they had ripped the place apart this would have been priced serperate from the main price.

A PC sum was included within the tender, and as said a survey was done as to the extent of the dry rot. The dry rot was blamed on staff that had blocked of the vents in the past.

Dry Rot is a amazing thing it will eat through timber within months in the right conditions.

All i know is that some of the building was treated and some parts were left because a structual engineer said it didnt need doing.

If it cost more money to save a historic manx building then i don't see a problem with it, i would rather see these old buildings kept and looked after than demolished and a faceless rendered builing put in its place.

Archived