Mezeron & Steam Packet Master Thread

Sean South

I won't gloat like Stevens but I'm not surprised, looking at what they've been carrying recently I doubt they were any where near breaking even. I just hope there will be jobs for the local dockers working the Silver River and what looks like the I.P.

As to the freight rates I would hope the hauliers had their wits about them and negotiated cheap rates for a few years to come, knowing how hard the haulage buisiness is they won't have missed that trick.

I won't gloat like Stevens but I'm not surprised, looking at what they've been carrying recently I doubt they were any where near breaking even. I just hope there will be jobs for the local dockers working the Silver River and what looks like the I.P.

As to the freight rates I would hope the hauliers had their wits about them and negotiated cheap rates for a few years to come, knowing how hard the haulage buisiness is they won't have missed that trick.

"The show's not over till the fat lady sings"....So don't get previous!

Time to gloat (aka express satisfaction at professional opinion..)if this be true which I hope it is as otherwise I think the Island would have had yet more trouble to cope with.

I am still a Baltic Exchange member despite all me troubles so like to think am occasionally right....But who knows what surprises there may be in store?)

The dockers who work in Douglas were informed this morning that they will be out of work on 19th Feb. They had heard rumours yesterday but management only informed them today before press release tomorrow. Be interesting to see what they say - only know what they told the workers and not mentioning at the moment as want to wait and see

wheres the gossip about mezerons press release come from,if true then ST pkt need to start

treating their customers well keep both freight and pax fares reasonable and bring in a

loyalty card for regulars.

I seem to remember that if you sailed 5 times in a year, you got a free sailing... it worked out quite nice for me at times...

wheres the gossip about mezerons press release come from,if true then ST pkt need to start

treating their customers well keep both freight and pax fares reasonable and bring in a

loyalty card for regulars.

I seem to remember that if you sailed 5 times in a year, you got a free sailing... it worked out quite nice for me at times...

I remember that, and the special Irish sea 3-way tickets. Happy days.