Mezeron & Steam Packet Master Thread

Sean South

Tugger you are correct. I had forgotten that it had been taken private in 1996. What I had not realised is that after being incorporated as IOM company 73 in March 1885 IOMSPCo had been struck off on 12 12 2007 and a new TheIOMSPCo had been incorporated as an NMV. So much for 180 continuous years!

According to the select committee report the accounts etc are avilable at the Tynwald Library. This is from Tynwald.org.im

APPENDICES

APPENDIX A MIOM Ltd: Directors’ report and financial

statements for the year ended 31 December 2007.

These will be found in the Tynwald Library

APPENDIX B Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Limited

Directors’ report and financial statements for the

year ended 31 December 2007. These will be found

in the Tynwald Library

APPENDIX C Group Structure Chart

Questions and Responses

These will be found in the Tynwald Library

I said that!. I was querying if anybody could go into the Tynwald library and get a copy or whether you had to be a member of Tynwald.

Yes anyone. Finch Road entrance, ground floor, to the left

Tugger you are correct. I had forgotten that it had been taken private in 1996. What I had not realised is that after being incorporated as IOM company 73 in March 1885 IOMSPCo had been struck off on 12 12 2007 and a new TheIOMSPCo had been incorporated as an NMV. So much for 180 continuous years!

I think they are still entitled to that claim. The striking off is really only technical. Section 151 of the 2006 Act makes it clear that it is the same legal entity

There is certainly an element of petulance in the man's tone.....

Be fair his job is on the line if SP goes under. Also it is not as if he is CEO of a public company and is employed to lead and set the company's vision and direction, or a company in which he has a majority stake and could do likewise. The company basically has one shareholder who will be dictating the tune that Woodward as CEO has to dance to. He may be wellish paid, I have no idea, but ultimatly he is probably little more than just an employee doing his employers bidding.

An interesting interview Mark. All sorts of veiled threats lurking in there. Your assertion that it [the crisis]has "not been brought about in any way by the SP" is a bit rich. Who sets the prices then?

Interesting alright. If I was an investor in that company I'd be looking for a replacement CEO as soon as possible. Someone who comes across as a little less odious and who prefers not to threaten the non-freight customers who have nothing to to with this whole situation. I fail to see where he thinks he will get by frightening the ordinary Joe Soap...

From his interview on Energy:

Mark Woodward has said that the current user agreement with Government was supposed to protect the company from competition but it clearly isn't working and hasn't ruled out going back to the government to negotiate subsidies.

Mr Woodward has also revealed that should they have to try and compete with Mezeron on services it could result in job cuts throughout the company.

So this man thinks that he has the right to hold the Island to ransom by being the sole shipping operator? What planet is he on? He needs a serious dose of reality. He should stop his whinging and get his arse in gear and take these guys in Mezeron on and try and beat them. Sh1t or get off the pot, man!

Edited by Sean South

Even if it had not been re registered accounts would still not be publically avaialable as it is neither a Plc or a charity or am I missing something?

Even if it had not been re registered accounts would still not be publically avaialable as it is neither a Plc or a charity or am I missing something?

I think you're right! Sorry aboout the other post. I shoulda read what you said! Doh!

Be fair his job is on the line if SP goes under. Also it is not as if he is CEO of a public company and is employed to lead and set the company's vision and direction, or a company in which he has a majority stake and could do likewise. The company basically has one shareholder who will be dictating the tune that Woodward as CEO has to dance to. He may be wellish paid, I have no idea, but ultimatly he is probably little more than just an employee doing his employers bidding.

He will be very well paid. But alas and alack his business sector is currently in negative growth - for which he fairly and squarely carries the can. If I was Macquiarie I would want Mr Woodward in my office pronto to put them on a trowel and then explain what was going on and what he was doing about it.

Someone who comes across as a little less odious and who prefers not to threaten the non-freight customers who have nothing to to with this whole situation. I fail to see where he thinks he will get by frightening the ordinary Joe Soap...

It's all about leverage and that's what he thinks he will get with these scare tactics. He's not trying to disturb the equanimity of Joe Soap per se, he wants to send a very clear message to Tynwald that if they do nothing to "assist" the SP the service levels could fall away to the User Agreement minimum levels say. This will play on Joe Soap's insecurities and he, in turn, will put pressure on Tynwald as well.

I wonder if he's flying out to get his OZ connection for his beasting session? Or maybe he'll start out on one of his own puke-buckets to take advantage of that staff discount. Time will tell...

There is certainly an element of petulance in the man's tone.....

I wouldnt be crying too many tears for Mr Woodward.....his nest has already been nicely feathered.

Its the pension holders, those who actually grafted for the company for years and years that I would be concerned for.

alas and alack his business sector is currently in negative growth - for which he fairly and squarely carries the can.

The downturn in the fortunes of shipping is solely the fault of Mark Woodward? Or are you just an ill-informed, opinionated oaf who posts without thinking?

Don't concern yourself Mr censorship. Your facetious comments ensure that your position will NEVER be usurped...