Mezeron & Steam Packet Master Thread

Sean South

the milk could now be a bit cheesy

Isn't most of the milk from our own creamery anyways?

No

Its says on the milk we use

British Semi-Skimmed from Mixed Sources

Can you please tell us which brand of milk you use please?

TESCO BRITISH SEMI SKIMMED MILK

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/shelves/Fresh_Milk_In_Tesco.html

Tesco in Douglas sell all ranges of manx milk, for example: Isle Of Man Creameries Whole Milk 4 Pint/2.272Ltr

397%5C5012179000397%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

I personlly prefer to spend my dosh in local shops, but are they local? Co-op Shoppy Et'c, and when I am expected to pay just under £400.00 for a week in the UK for a small van +2 I can understand why the larger stores choose to go with the cheaper option.

We have been ripped off for to long by the racket who have operated under the user agreement, not long extended, by our clever political leaders.

If the fare limitations that the UA allowed for, had been observed more stringently, then this present debacle surely would not have arisen would it?

Mr G Dukes "Manx Viking" was IMO doomed,as eventually proved the fact, by the obsession with IOMSP co by our inept Gov't

Tesco in Douglas sell all ranges of manx milk, for example: Isle Of Man Creameries Whole Milk 4 Pint/2.272Ltr

397%5C5012179000397%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Wow ... you mean just like every other shop in the Isle of Man. Who'd have guessed!

Well, there was an on going thread about the milk being British, sourced from many places. Also, the cost of manx milk.

When in tescos there appears to be a good selection of various milks. Yet, i prefer the manx stuff. :D

I'm also led to believe that it was very noticable that there were a lot of empty shelf space in M&S today.

We have been ripped off for to long by the racket who have operated under the user agreement, not long extended, by our clever political leaders.

Too true. They are nearly as overpaid and complacent as bus drivers !!

Do you know something I dont?

WTF has Cretters Folly Have to do with this thread?

You really are a K**B

Too true. They are nearly as overpaid and complacent as bus drivers !!

How are SP employees overpaid, do you know what they are paid , what hours they do, I doubt it.

You probally ware cloths made by workers in the UK being paid only £2 per hour, are they over paid too

Edited by ThankU

I think Bill Malarkey has summed it up the way most of us are thinking:

However, Mr Malarkey believes the real problem lies in the fact the company is servicing massive loans, taken out by its parent company McQuarrie.

He is telling Steam Packet staff who issued flyers over the weekend, outlining their concerns, to look at their own management (play audio file):

It may be how you are thinking but not necessarily the rest of us.

It is also totally contradictory in that he says the real problem are the loans taken out by the parent company McQuarrie and then blames the SP and its Management. As the subsidiary company The SP and its mangement have absolutely no control over the debt as that is in the parent company so why is he blaming the SP and the management over the level of debt of the parent. It is rather like blaming me if I had a mortgage with RBS over the finances of RBS

I don't think that the loans are at the heart of the problem nor am I sure how they are structured. Are they loans from Macquarie Bank to the infrastructure fund to enable it to invest in the IOMSPC or are they loans that have been taken out by the IOMSPC? One way or another it is not unusual for a business to have significant borrowings. One of the problems of the GFC was that some lending was less prudent than it should have been but how imprudent were these loans compared with others?

But surely the real issue is how the IOMSPC management have responded to competition?

THEY asked for an extension to the User Agreement to 2026 - was this because they liked the UA or because they thought that it would alow them to compete against others but would limit the capacity of others to compete with them?

THEY have grumbled about Irish sailings but again THEY were the ones who signed up to the UA and its extension knowing the terms and conditions so why didn't they complain when they were in a position to do so?

THEY did not anticipate that other managers could think laterally to get round the restrictions imposed by access to the Linkspan and were happy to say that they had a 'near monopoly' and now grumble about the alternative being 'old fashioned'.

THEY have failed to build a strong bond of loyalty between the company and the clients (freight and passenger) and now they are experiencing the consequences of that.

I see that on IOM Today poll of public opinion out of 1,500 votes, 69% say that it is good to have competition and only 16% think that it is a bad idea. That IMO is what happens when you create a public perception (correct or incorrect) that customers are not important.

Nice to see Tesco's overnight delivery just arriving at the harbour. Would have been empty shelves in Tesco's today if it was up to the IOMSPC as they cancelled last nights sailing!!

Tesco have a time limit for delivery on foods etc, Mezerons boat had been loaded yesterday morning then had a 14hr sailing to the IOM, seeing as Tescos food is not the best for being fresh wonder what todays delivery is like, the milk could now be a bit cheesy

It is the year 2010. Have you not heard of chilled containers?