Mezeron & Steam Packet Master Thread

Sean South

If the pension fund of the employees is not protected is that not the fault of the employees and unions for accepting such a pension rather than trying to put the onus on a public who is pissed off wioth the public, the people working for the SP did so with the full knowledge of how their pension works as required by law.

Then Im sure with all that respect they have for the island its workers and people then im sure that they will have set aside plenty of cash to pay for this type incase

that they ever went bust.

And im sure before they paid themselfs 10-15million divs a year that they transfered the years pension allocation so its safe for the manx worker. who they love so much.

Yeah I'm sure all those Manx born Estonian's and Lithuanian's are well pissed off about their pensions!

The crews of ships on period time charter have their wages and terms of employment etc paid by their owners and not Steampacket which is the Disponent Owner

I know that Barrie, that was the joke. why are you posting here?

Well I am one of the few people I know that has actually run ships. Most people just seem to guess what it is like to be an owner and charterer....

Well I am one of the few people I know that has actually run ships. Most people just seem to guess what it is like to be an owner and charterer....

Most people seem to guess about a lot Barrie. Like what its like to be lucid and normal ...

Perhaps we should start growing vegetables on the island so that Tesco don't have to import them. Hang on a minute, we do. It's just they prefer to stock cheap imported shite.

The island does not grow much in the way of fruit and veg.

About 5 years ago I was on a disaster management course and was told that the Island grows enough spuds to feed the population... Mind you, I should go and kick myself in the arse right now as I was also told that the Islands fishing fleet could provide enough fish.... :blink:

was that the one at the villa? Part of the pandemic flu propoganda? That wasted day showed me everything you would ever need to see to understand the sheer volume of bullshit and self interest among high level civil servants on the Iom.

No, it was a self contained event between us and the government, although it was around the same time (I think?). It was more to do with a gas crisis in Europe and a hand full of "what ifs"

I didn't think what we did was a waste of time, but I got the impression that we'd impressed them with what our own issues & plans were when faced with such a situation.

But there was a clear impression that the government thought that the Island could feed itself with spuds and fish...

The IOMSP have paid Manx workers off from the Ben and replaced them with labour from S Africa and Hungary, How can they be allowed to do this and expect the IOMG to help them out.

I do not believe you, but if it's true then they are only a few weeks or months away from the very end.

The IOMSP have paid Manx workers off from the Ben and replaced them with labour from S Africa and Hungary, How can they be allowed to do this and expect the IOMG to help them out.

I do not believe you, but if it's true then they are only a few weeks or months away from the very end.

Page 5 IOM Examiner

What's the problem here, I don't understand. Manx workers are SUPPOSEDLY being laid off in favour of foreign workers and...?

Gazza

cause there only intrsted in the ££££,

someday people may see that :rolleyes:

It is a business. Why would anyone think it would be interested in anything else?

Page 5 IOM Examiner

Not delivered here.

So we have two threads on the same subject again? Pfft!

Anyway, one wonders why the Management would do this. Surely the saving can't be much in comparison to the overall losses? It looks like they're just using the current issue as an excuse to offload the local staff.

Anyway, one wonders why the Management would do this. Surely the saving can't be much in comparison to the overall losses? It looks like they're just using the current issue as an excuse to offload the local staff.

They will save on:

* Pension

* NI assuming they are employed through a non-dom company

* Less holiday entitlement

Anyone else?