Keys Tomorrow

Addie

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P

I would love to post a list of expensive doings by "They that lead us," but I would get my backside booted into orbit. We must remember that there aint know such thing as free speech - it will cost you, as some one will always try and do you for opening yer' gob. Unfair but true.

So the hint hint nudge wink is often the only method to blab without being blobbed.

:ph34r::ph34r:

I would love to post a list of expensive doings by "They that lead us," but I would get my backside booted into orbit.

Not true.

The easiest way to avoid censorship is to be able to back up your comments. It's a very simple concept to comprehend.

Even assumptions and guess work can be acceptable and respected if it is presented in a credible manner.

You know Ripsaw! youre quite right, Im just a little hesitant as Im new on and dont want to get booted off or be the cause of the forum being closed down as I beleive was the case last year. Or so it said in the papers

Keep smiling :D

What are you on about paul? What exactly are you complaining about? Or is it just random anti-government abuse?

Random government abuse = random anti-government abuse?

Slim, just pointing out that if you were an employer and employed someone to do a job you would expect it to be done in a professional manner and in a reasonable length of time. Of all the people in the world a politician should know about elections and I fail to see what their problem is with this vote.

This sort of behavior demeans the democratic system of Government and does little to encourage the public to use their right to vote at a time where election turnouts are very low.

Graveyards around the world are full of people who gave their lives so that we can live in a democracy. When I hear of spoiled papers I wonder how flippant can anyone be?

Rant over now, sorry.

You know Ripsaw! youre quite right, Im just a little hesitant as Im new on and dont want to get booted off or be the cause of the forum being closed down as I beleive was the case last year. Or so it said in the papers

Keep smiling  :D

If you are really concerned about harming the forums, or being 'booted off', maybe if you submitted your potential post via Personal Message to Admin or the Mods, surely they could tell you if your post was acceptable?

/typo

This sort of behavior demeans the democratic system of Government and does little to encourage the public to use their right to vote at a time where election turnouts are very low.

Graveyards around the world are full of people who gave their lives so that we can live in a democracy.  When I hear of spoiled papers I wonder how flippant can anyone be?

I love this little old gem.

Democracy is about freedom of choice. You have, absolutely, as much right to chooe to either cast your vote, or decide not to. So yes, you can choose to abstain from any vote where you either object to the subject, or object equally to both parties who may be standing for election.

If there were an election in your area and you were completely opposed to both candidates, you must have the right to either withold your vote, or vote 'None of the Above' otherwise you would be forced to vote for someone with whom you utterley disagree. Is that fair?

It is an extremely simple and unthought argument to throw in how people fought in wars to give us the vote. People went to war in recent times to fight for freedom. Not just the freedom of voting, but the freedom of living in a democratic, civilised, society where we can make our own decisions and live as we choose.

Freedom to choose. Who are you to tell me that I have to vote for a particular reason. If there was a 'none of the above' option for the LegCo vote, maybe they would have used that.

Right, still no answer. Do you think they purposefully rigged the vote? If not, what on earth are you on about?

I think that either:-

A. They purposely rigged the vote, or

B. Some are not competent, or willing to fill out a ballot paper properly.

In either case IMHO this is not a good demonstration of Government at work.

I love this little old gem.

Democracy is about freedom of choice. You have, absolutely, as much right to chooe to either cast your vote, or decide not to. So yes, you can choose to abstain from any vote where you either object to the subject, or object equally to both parties who may be standing for election.

If there were an election in your area and you were completely opposed to both candidates, you must have the right to either withold your vote, or vote 'None of the Above' otherwise you would be forced to vote for someone with whom you utterley disagree. Is that fair?

It is an extremely simple and unthought argument to throw in how people fought in wars to give us the vote. People went to war in recent times to fight for freedom. Not just the freedom of voting, but the freedom of living in a democratic, civilised, society where we can make our own decisions and live as we choose.

Freedom to choose. Who are you to tell me that I have to vote for a particular reason. If there was a 'none of the above' option for the LegCo vote, maybe they would have used that.

I apologise if I have offended anyone by suggesting that anyone be forced to vote. As I see it the people of the Isle of Man are denied the opportunity to vote on who becomes an MLC as it is exclusively the vote of Tynwald that decides.

There are many Manx voters who would appreciate the chance of electing our Legislative Counsel. It is just annoying to see our MHKs making a hash of it.

B's just daft, they spoil them as a 'none of the above'. Besides it was only 3 out of the 20. That you believe A is just stunning. You know the effort that would have to go in such a thing? All mhk's in collusion? Daft sod!

B's just daft, they spoil them as a 'none of the above'. Besides it was only 3 out of the 20. That you believe A is just stunning. You know the effort that would have to go in such a thing? All mhk's in collusion? Daft sod!

You think that MHKs can't be bothered to make an effort to work in collusion? :blink:

When they say "spoiled paper", they don't mean that they drew pictures of their favourite cars in crayon, or got bored and made paper aeroplanes.  It basically means that they didn't think anyone standing was fit for LegCo.

Then they should abstain from voting and it should be recorded accordingly.

Archived