Easyjet

Speckled Frost

Since it's take over some months ago, Euromanx have been looking at ways of operating European flights from the Isle of Man. They have the planes on order and could be up and running in the very near future.

If anyone thinks that they will fly direct to European destinations then they're very much mistaken.

Airlines have always struggled to fill IOM-Dublin flights, and the SeaCat to Dublin is rarely even half-full.

With a such a small population, easyJet will just be after our successful routes, and will inflate the fares after killing off the opposition; Just like what they're doing over here in Poland at the moment.

And then we can all forget about getting those cheap 'connecting' fares with BA for journeys further afield....

Since it's take over some months ago, Euromanx have been looking at ways of operating European flights from the Isle of Man. They have the planes on order and could be up and running in the very near future.

EuroManx are living in a fantasy world, they haven't got any planes of their own to my knowledge, but I know they have some on order. They can't even get the Gatwick flight on time, for example today it was the best part of an hour late. This isn't an isolated incident, it happens most days, check www.iom-airport.com. They don't even have a proper computer system set up and still hand one reusable boarding cards.

Just my opinion anyway.

They can't even get the Gatwick flight on time, for example today it was the best part of an hour late. This isn't an isolated incident,

So no different from the rest of the airlines operating out of the IOM then!!!!

Re-usbale boarding cards - yep Easyjet have them, they seem to be pretty successful as well.

Travel from the IOM became severely sha**ed when Manx Airlines stopped their flights to Heathrow - if Easyjet or anybody could do that route at a reasonable price, that would make a huge difference to families going on holiday - and business users (it's a pain in the butt paying £18 bus fare to get to Heathrow from Gatwick for a connecting flight!).

Since BA took over the running of Manx, the service has really gone downhill.

We do now have better connections from Manchester and Liverpool, but sometimes Gatwick/Heathrow is the only option.

It's one of those good 'ole monopoly situations that we're very familiar with here on the IOM - we're gatting shafted big time on transport, gas, electricity, telecoms and almost everything else I can think of!

Iv'e made 20+return flights to the IOM in less than 12 months all with BA from Manchester no less than £150 and mostly around £250 per flight.

I'm over in April and as Euromanx now do flights from Manchester...the cost of my return flight...is....£53.

Good value i'd say, my apologies if a bit off thread.

Iv'e made 20+return flights to the IOM in less than 12 months all with BA from Manchester no less than £150 and mostly around £250 per flight.

I'm over in April and as Euromanx now do flights from Manchester...the cost of my return flight...is....£53.

Hope you're clocking up the airmiles fella!

Hope you're clocking up the airmiles fella!

That does not include the flights to belfast, would like to know where the air miles go, probably back into the organisation.

Get yourself a BA card!

- After you've applied for the card, you just present it at the check-in or you can go online and add your miles afterwards.

Unless they are company booked cheap flights (like a Seamans ticket) - no crude jokes please!!!!

Then you should be able to claim airmiles on almost every BA flight you take - I've had a return flight to Canada, trip to Amsterdam with my wife, and a few other flights courtesty of the BA airmiles scheme!

Edited for typos - I've got a drunk/dyslexic keyboard recently!

Archived