Corpy Land Deal

crumlin

I hear that Dandara are trying to buy the 18th at Pulrose Golf Club so they can gain access to land that they want to build houses on, does this mean they have bought Pulrose Manor House from an MHK

Duggan doesn't own the Manor House, Douglas Corporation does. I believe that his lease is due to expire soon though! ;)

I hear that Dandara are trying to buy the 18th at Pulrose Golf Club so they can gain access to land that they want to build houses on, does this mean they have bought Pulrose Manor House from an MHK

Is it just me who thinks that the 18th would come as part and parcel of the whole course (assuming they buy that and rebuild a new course next to the big burner)?

I can't see much logic in buying the 18th as it's hemmed in against Pulrose Road, the first hole and the clubhouse unless they're planning to build houses off Pulrose Road etc. However, given that the 18th is quite often flooded and looks back onto an industrial estate and presently onto the semi derelict ruins / building site in lower pulrose they're welcome to it, as is anyone mug enough to buy a house from them.

I thought they were building houses on the course itself, and the couse was moving to some farmland? couldnt understand how that could be allowed, seems like a cheating way to build, they wouldnt be allowed to build on the farmland now would they

whats to stop them then building on the course thats on the farmland in 5 yrs

whats to stop them then building on the course thats on the farmland in 5 yrs

To paraphrase a saying "Houses for courses"

I presume thay can't build houses on the farmland but they could shift the course there and build houses where the course was.

Same as Howstrake / King Edward Bay. Wouldn't be surprised to see some new holes built on the land side of the hill, where they've dumped all the hardcore and soil for years, and then see more houses build on the sea side of the hill where some existing fairways are at present.

Mount Murray's only decent hole was the 18th, until it was closed on health and safety grounds because of golf balls landing in peoples gardens. What do you expect when you build houses on a golf course? (or maybe that was the plan and they got what they expected). The remaining course is pants.

Archived