Grid Lock

TheTool

Get shot of the damn taxi's who like to double park so they can have a chat and things would improve, not to mention the ones who think it's a damn good idea to do u turns on the prom (usually without any indication).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not to mention the ones who think it's a damn good idea to do u turns on the prom (usually without any indication).

Guilty - although i do indicate! I find the best time to do it is when approaching traffic ligthts that are on red...

You missed out the drivers who pull over to take phone calls no matter how busy the road is!

not to mention the ones who think it's a damn good idea to do u turns on the prom (usually without any indication).

Guilty - although i do indicate! I find the best time to do it is when approaching traffic ligthts that are on red...

You missed out the drivers who pull over to take phone calls no matter how busy the road is!

The swines who find a nice bend to stop on even tho there is a nice bit of straight road just after :angry:

Then why is it the answer for other capitals and not ours? What makes us so special that we can cure our ills without legislation?
We all value our right to freedom of choice as it also gives us the right to be selfish and put ourselves before others.

Slim is right in his thinking that sometimes some decisions have to be made for us in order to benefit us 'all'.

This is either done with legislation, ie: bans, rules, regulations, etc.;

or it is done by persuasion ie: limitations, fiscal penalties,etc..

Whichever method is chosen, the infrastructure must be put in place before the changes are introduced.

When the congestion charge was introduced, the first thing many did was clog up other residential streets by parking just outside the zoned areas. Where disk zones exist many simply park up and move on their disk 5 minutes before their time expires.

Most remedies are quick fixes, they don't remove problems, they alter the problem or shift it onto somebody else's front door. Result? More legislation to combat the new problems and so on and so on....

When ideas are voiced that could work the public response is often "It will never work". Not because it is a bad idea, but because many respondants are incapable of thinking outside their own little 'bubble'.

This creates the need for the quick fix rather than a global remedy as decision makers fail to address the big problem due to misguided belief that something is better than nothing.

Most of the problems that this Island faces are a direct result of bad, negligent or non existent forward planning and decision making over the last 15 to 20 years. They are not historical.

Archived