Gt5

slinkydevil

I know a few have given up on GT5 but it's finally here. Easy to be pissed off with the wait, but it should still be a great game. If you trade in F1 2010 on the PS3 you'll pick it up at HMV for £4.99 - think that offer is valid til friday.

Got my copy today so I'll be on the Top Gear test track later :)

Got this today after waiting god knows how many years and so far I'm far from happy with it.

Looks like lovely eye candy but it just seems to barely function at all!

Took absolutely ages to install to the PS3 hard disc (60gb original spec machine), and so far inside of an hour I've had to shut the game down 4 times because it simply stops functioning on a menu screen, or when going from one screen to another. Eg when you get the GT sign and nothing else after choosing a menu item.

The implementation of this game appears so far to be a disaster. Don't think it's my PS3 since it behaves perfectly with everything else, but GT5 just simply doesn't work.

In an hour, I've managed to get 3 very short races but cannot get it as far as another race at the moment.

Everything is sooooo slllllloooooowwwwww to go between screens if it even works at all.

Frankly, I'm pretty disgusted with it, that after waiting so long it doesn't even appear to be a properly functioning game. :angry:

Anyone else having problems like this?

It won't connect to the server either but I think I read a comment somewhere about that being deliberate for some reason. :whatever:

Got this today after waiting god knows how many years and so far I'm far from happy with it.

Looks like lovely eye candy but it just seems to barely function at all!

Took absolutely ages to install to the PS3 hard disc (60gb original spec machine), and so far inside of an hour I've had to shut the game down 4 times because it simply stops functioning on a menu screen, or when going from one screen to another. Eg when you get the GT sign and nothing else after choosing a menu item.

The implementation of this game appears so far to be a disaster. Don't think it's my PS3 since it behaves perfectly with everything else, but GT5 just simply doesn't work.

In an hour, I've managed to get 3 very short races but cannot get it as far as another race at the moment.

Everything is sooooo slllllloooooowwwwww to go between screens if it even works at all.

Frankly, I'm pretty disgusted with it, that after waiting so long it doesn't even appear to be a properly functioning game. :angry:

Anyone else having problems like this?

It won't connect to the server either but I think I read a comment somewhere about that being deliberate for some reason. :whatever:

Had the same problems last night Cret, I thought it was just me at the time. It got to the point that I got fed up with waiting, must have been nearly 3 minutes watching the GT logo after pressing the home button. It seems that most are having this issue. It's to do with the game accessing Sony servers, even if you are playing in single player GT mode.

Gran Turismo

It appears that the simple solution to fix the waiting time is to disable your online mode on your dashboard.

You would say that! :P

I agree though completely.

Ade - thanks mate - just read this myself, that the fix temporarily for buggy single player games is to pull out the ethernet cable! :o

Polyphony and Sony have truly dropped the ball from a Stratospheric height on this, given the years in waiting, and constant moving of the goalposts.

Regardless of how it works out once resolved, it's certainly an epic launch fail.

Archived