Where Can I Hire Dining Chairs?

Gilly G. Ossenfeffer

Is there anywhere that rents out furniture on the IOM? I would prefer to replace my 8 old and wonky dining chairs over Christmas before the guests arrive. Failing that, anyone know a reasonably priced chair fixer?

Thanks for any info.

Douglas Hospice Warehouse has some very cheap furniture. Prepare to be there promptly and in bull-in-a-china-shop mode though to get the bargains.

Good Luck

Get down to the Douglas Amenity centre fast,there is a large table,and some dining chairs,well they were there this afternoon.

Doh! Bet they've gone by tomorrow! Thanks, though.

ETA: Thanks Addie. To avoid the scramble I would be happy to rent them for a couple of weeks - there must surely be somewhere over here doing this otherwise I spy a business opportunity! If anyone has 8 chairs they're thinking about selling, pls PM me, thanks.

how about the marquee hire people who do things for weddings etc ?

suppose they are in yellow pages somewhere

Good idea - thx.

On the 'House Doctor' she rents furniture from UK suppliers to 'stage' a house to make it more appealing to potential purchasers. Maybe there isn't the call for it over here then. ?

how about the marquee hire people who do things for weddings etc ?

suppose they are in yellow pages somewhere

Good idea - thx.

On the 'House Doctor' she rents furniture from UK suppliers to 'stage' a house to make it more appealing to potential purchasers. Maybe there isn't the call for it over here then. ?

Plenty of fairly plain but serviceable dining chairs at Jurby Transport Museum available to borrow. Wooden with red vinyl seat - circa 1960's style. Thought to be ex-hotel. Open Sundays if you want to have a look.

Edited to add - pic of seat link here http://john8642.fotopic.net/p64178510.html

Plenty of fairly plain but serviceable dining chairs at Jurby Transport Museum available to borrow. Wooden with red vinyl seat - circa 1960's style. Thought to be ex-hotel. Open Sundays if you want to have a look.

Edited to add - pic of seat link here http://john8642.fotopic.net/p64178510.html

Thanks for the suggestion but I was hoping for something a bit more traditional, to fit in with the rest of the furniture - something along the lines of these maybe?

post-16031-046283400 1290803421_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion but I was hoping for something a bit more traditional, to fit in with the rest of the furniture - something along the lines of these maybe?

post-16031-046283400 1290803421_thumb.jpg

I'l keep looking...

Archived