Ashamed

spook

There are many times that I am saddened by what individuals do, but today I am ashamed of what has taken place on this forum.

If it is indicative of a general strategy being adopted in respect of what is a vital moral issue then I will be ashamed of my homeland if it is allowed to run its course.

Huh ? Saw you post something similar on Twitter. Any chance of a bit of a clue ? ...

Yoda ...

I don't have a Twitter account, nor do I even visit the site.

As for "a clue", if the forum administration have decided to exercise censorship for some reason then that is their prerogative, and it would be wrong of me to raise up an issue they have decided to obliterate rather tahn just "lock".

Have you not for one minute someone may be sick to death of your narrow minded biggoted views, Mysekf I shall go the opposite, should this continue I shall be quit proud of my homeland for silencing such evil spouting biggoted views.

Did you start a thread evangelizing?

If the mods did censor such a thread then I think we should debate that, if it was something else ... well it depends upon what you've said Spook!

I think the ethos of the board should be for free speech as much as possible. An ignored or belittled thread isn't such an issue as to warrant censorship in my view.

There are many times that I am saddened by what individuals do, but today I am ashamed of what has taken place on this forum.

If it is indicative of a general strategy being adopted in respect of what is a vital moral issue then I will be ashamed of my homeland if it is allowed to run its course.

Hold on there cowboy! This forum is a privately run activity. If the owners want to pull a topic, that's up to them. It's their sandpit, if you don't like it, go play in another.

Hold on there cowboy! This forum is a privately run activity. If the owners want to pull a topic, that's up to them. It's their sandpit, if you don't like it, go play in another.

You are of course undeniably correct.

That is why I didn’t even attempt to identify what had been done in spite of being asked for a clue.

As for people doing that which they have the power to do, then what they actually do is of course up to them and their conscience.

Just as it is the right of others to have an opinion on their actions.

You are of course undeniably correct.

That is why I didn't even attempt to identify what had been done in spite of being asked for a clue.

As for people doing that which they have the power to do, then what they actually do is of course up to them and their conscience.

Just as it is the right of others to have an opinion on their actions.

I've no clue what you had removed, but as someone who's run forums and mailing lists for years, I'd like to offer an alternative perspective; If a report/complaint is filed for a post the forum owners cannot possibly make a judgement or back up the validity of the complaint. All they can do, generally, is remove the offending post .This isn't a matter of conscience or morality, this is just being realistic given the time constraints.

Give em a break eh?

I've checked our logs and you've had no posts or topics removed in the last 48 hours. We've also had no reports relating to any of your content.

Perhaps your paranoia has overwhelmed you, perhaps you dreamt posting a topic or perhaps you just don't know how to work teh internets. Given your vagueness as to what's been "posted", I suspect you're not sure yourself why your post isn't here. Whatever the reason is, it's nothing to do with us and trying to blame us for your own failings really isn't going to prolong your posting career on this forum.

I've taken the decision to lock rather than just obliterate this topic. If for whatever reason you need to discuss this further, use the PM function. Please don't waste my time though, it won't end well.

Archived