Kittens - Help

Gladys

We have just been let down in getting a kitten. They were kittens of a stray cat that we were going to collect last weekend but those looking after the strays wanted the kittens to stay with their mother for another week (which is fine) but now they are gone.

So anyone know of or have any kittens for a good home (always had cats all of which have achieved grand ages well in to their teens) then please pm me. No particular requirement, except no manx cats thanks.

Please help if you can, we were getting very excited about having a cat around the place again.

We will if all else fails. But we really would like a young kitten to get used to the household and the two dogs, and they don't seem to like homing kittens, especially at this time of year! That is understandable, but we don't do pets for Xmas, just a coincidence that we have decided we would like a cat again which coincided with a plea to house these stray kittens.

Without wanting to start a heated debate, Merkin, Manxies are basically deformed; the lack of tail is similar to spina bifida. One of the side effects seems to be a dirty bottom. I would give one a home if push came to shove, but would prefer a cat with a tail.

Without wanting to start a heated debate, Merkin, Manxies are basically deformed; the lack of tail is similar to spina bifida. One of the side effects seems to be a dirty bottom. I would give one a home if push came to shove, but would prefer a cat with a tail.

Only some Manxies have the 'dirty bottom' problem. I had a lovely Manx cat for years and he was fine.

you may struggle to get a really young Kitten at this time of year! mainly due to the fact that most cats stop going into 'season' around September at the latest and so kittens conceived then will have already been born and most gone to homes, its usually pretty quiet till march time now. but you may get lucky or find a kitten a little older than you would like.

LOL, Manx cats are not "deformed". Yes, it started off as Spina Bifida originally, but that is no longer the case. I have 2 manx cats, and i've seen them with a dirty bottom only a handful of times in 7 years.

They are very lovable cats who really love a fuss. They can be quite vocal though which can be irritating if you're not in the mood! They are great at jumping and running though!

Archived