Land Rover Defender-Wanted

I have checked every Isle of Man sales place for a Land Rover Defender (I am very keen on them) and there seems to be not one person selling a decent one, there was one for sale but as soon as I finished checking prices for insurance and what not it was gone, now there are only rotten ones left (I think they were spares or repair) then there is one for £5,500 but the guy who is selling it hasn't replied to emails and since he has no phone no. I can't ring him :(

So in my hour of need I have came here!

I am quite open to offers below £6,000 but it has to have a good chassis and bulkhead (not rotted through) and a good body on it that won't fall apart once it hits a bump (I've seen it before)

But please if you do know someone or indeed have one for sale on the Isle of Man please let me know! Otherwise I have to go to the UK and bring one back with the overpriced steamracket then pass it with the oh so hard Manx MOT. :(

if you are buying one as good as you say you want? the MOT shouldn't be an issue. better to find a fault ( genuine one ) than crash your cut and shut a week later.

Good point, it shouldn't be a problem if I get a good one, just got to find the right one if I get one from the UK then. Thanks WTF.

Try putting an ad on www.4x4.im if theres anything going the guys on there will point you in the right direction.

Right I will print and fill out the subscription and join on there, they have Land rovers for sale but I can't reply because I am not registered so I'll do that now. Thanks Theambo!

Type landrover into manx.net ;)

Ah well the top search by Martin is the one I went to see but unfortunately was sold before I had chance to sort things out then the other defenders are projects which I'd love to do but have no space :( Thanks anyway RC-Drift.com!

Looking further afield and across the water, there's a few for sale if you're still looking

Pistonheads

Thanks Manxy, I have printed off the form and just need to send my subscription to 4x4.im if there is nothing on the Island then this is definitely my next protocol, there seems to be a fair few good Landys on that site!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking further afield and across the water, there's a few for sale if you're still looking

Pistonheads

Thanks Manxy, I have printed off the form and just need to send my subscription to 4x4.im if there is nothing on the Island then this is definitely my next protocol, there seems to be a fair few good Landys on that site!

Im sure you can join the forum without subscribing to the club.

Archived