Cruise Boat

kite

Seen the Cruise ship in the harbour? Norweigen apparently.

these should be encouraged as much as possible, the passengers go round the Island and spend spend spend

Im not saying they aint being encouraged, just the more the merrier!

nice looking ship too

The cruise ship in the harbour is doing a tour all around england some1 told me at work.

Last week in the courier it said that the ship was starting off here and there was a fone no that you could ring and you could go aboard the ship only about 200 lucky people were to get the chance though. shame am working all day otherwise i wouold have gone on it.

:P

Seen the Cruise ship in the harbour? Norweigen apparently.

these should be encouraged as much as possible, the passengers go round the Island and spend spend spend

Im not saying they aint being encouraged, just the more the merrier!

nice looking ship too

Kite, something we agree on (at last :P)

(Resists urge to call for Ramsey Pier to be refurbished as a method of encouraging more passengers to come onto land instead of being made to sit out in the bay because they are too big for berthing in Douglas Harbour)

That ship is only here for a few hours though so how much spending will take place is debatable.

According to the Gov.im InfoCentre, there will be another 8 ships this year, they even had their own Press Release <_<

haha slinkydevil I had only read here that mission had a shop in rhumsaa, didnt know which one! they are spending in douglas anyway.

ripsaw, the ship is berthed in douglas harbour, must be smaller than the usual ones because you are right, they usually sit in the bay, making it a big deal for passengers to disembark, I can notice the diffeence in the amount of people out from it in town then usual, which is saying a lot if it is smaller.

prefer to see douglas harbour improved rather than ramsey, but no denying it would be very good for Ramsey ( though the locals dont like change up there )

isnt there an initiation to redevelop douglas harbour now anyway? sure I read something about it

Day trippers eh?

Are they met from the boat by tour coaches to take them on a whistle stop tour? Or even a few specially laid on Horse Trams to show off our historic Promenade, apartment blocks and soon to be demolished Summerland?

Are they supplied with a 'What to do in 10 hours when visiting the Isle of Man' leaflet?

Are prebooked Cruise ships supplied in advance with promotional videos to play as a preview the Island on the journey over here?

Is there a 'Manx' show on at our extensively refurbished Villa and Gaiety for them to go to?

If they opt to go shopping in Douglas are there enough 'non English' shops to make them feel like visitors/tourists?

Does anyone from Tourism & Leisure secretly mingle with the roaming hoards as they return to the ship picking up 'unofficial' visitor reviews?

For info ~

This is one of the Hurtigruten fleet which do the daily north and south service between Bergen and Kirkenes (around North Cape)

There are two webcams on the M/S Nordkapp

http://www.bt.no/kamera/stortbilde.jhtml?a...D=24452&start=1

http://www.bt.no/kamera/stortbilde.jhtml?a...D=24452&start=2

which is current docked in Alesund on the northbound trip (round trip takes about 10 days).

http://www.hurtigruten.no/index.asp

http://www.hurtigruten.no/skipene.asp?skip...t=4&meny_id=185

TF

Are they met from the boat by tour coaches to take them on a whistle stop tour? Or even a few specially laid on Horse Trams to show off our historic Promenade, apartment blocks and soon to be demolished Summerland?
dont know why anyone would wish to see summerland, but the trippers are going round the Isand by coach according to Manx Radio news, so yes to number 1.
Are they supplied with a 'What to do in 10 hours when visiting the Isle of Man' leaflet?
very much doubt it but if they are on the coach theyll do as their told ;)

they used to go down and welcome them by give all the passengers a flower as they got off the boat, dont know if they still do.

Are prebooked Cruise ships supplied in advance with promotional videos to play as a preview the Island on the journey over here?
dont know, good idea though. even a few different copies of the vids in the various museums would be something.
Is there a 'Manx' show on at our extensively refurbished Villa and Gaiety for them to go to?
there is something on there today, dont know what. would rather them out and about spending though than sat watching a show myself, but theres always shows (videos anyway) at the museum. which is free, great
If they opt to go shopping in Douglas are there enough 'non English' shops to make them feel like visitors/tourists?
There are quite a few, I'd say yes. More so if they go to peel or ramsey too
Does anyone from Tourism & Leisure secretly mingle with the roaming hoards as they return to the ship picking up 'unofficial' visitor reviews?
shya right. out of the office? in the cold?

Archived