Looking For Cleaning Lady

herakleios

We are currenctly looking for a cleaning lady or cleaner. He/She should be over 40, from IOM or UK, be able to cook a meal and some recommandations would be nice.

He/She should work on Friday afternoon.

We want her to work legally.. how do cleaners work regulary, are they like freelancers?

If you are interested send me a PM.

We are currenctly looking for a cleaning lady or cleaner. He/She should be over 40, from IOM or UK, be able to cook a meal and some recommandations would be nice.

We want her to work legally.. how do cleaners work regulary, are they like freelancers?

I was in on this game for a number of years on the Island until 2007 and had a few contracts of my own in both private office, pub and house cleaning some of which I sub-let.

Three years ago it was at least £12 an hour cash in hand for high grade private house cleaning and don't even think of less or of anything other than "cards out". The lesser and more specific the hours ie Friday afternoons, then the more you must expect to pay. No one likes Friday afternoons! (I knew one girl who did well at £14 an hour but depends on whether recession has released more people on the market)

By house cleaning I mean high and low level dusting, skirting boards furniture polishing, upholstery, internal windows done at times, hoovering with furniture moved, bed-making, bathrooms, kitchen, washing up, oven clean if necessary and you want cooking also!

Try and get someone who does not need a work permit. Ask if they have insurance. Will there be someone in? If not, pay more for a trustee with a key.

Cleaners who cook are something else and I think you will have to pay a higher rate!

"Treasures" are really only got by word of mouth although one of the cleaning contractors might suggest a favoured employee looking for extra.

Staff cleaning contractors are paid very little about minimum wage although the contractors will charge them out for genral work at £11-£14 an hour now I imagine. You don't want one of the cleaning "infantry". However, private cleaners are touchy and need pampering like good dogs and horses. The days of the £5 an hour cleaner are long gone if they are any good and can be discreet.

You might be better off with one of the Filipina girls working in the care industry although how much they want I would not know. They get little but minimum wage in care work.

When I left the Villa Marina in April 2008 the permanent cleaners working for the Government were on £10 and hour and one or two were from the Philippines.

I'm an excellent cleaner, superb cook, reasonable rates with plenty of references - just what you're looking for.

Unfortunately I'm 38 sorry.

I was in on this game for a number of years on the Island until 2007 and had a few contracts of my own in both private office, pub and house cleaning some of which I sub-let.

Three years ago it was at least £12 an hour cash in hand for high grade private house cleaning and don't even think of less or of anything other than "cards out". The lesser and more specific the hours ie Friday afternoons, then the more you must expect to pay. No one likes Friday afternoons! (I knew one girl who did well at £14 an hour but depends on whether recession has released more people on the market)

By house cleaning I mean high and low level dusting, skirting boards furniture polishing, upholstery, internal windows done at times, hoovering with furniture moved, bed-making, bathrooms, kitchen, washing up, oven clean if necessary and you want cooking also!

Try and get someone who does not need a work permit. Ask if they have insurance. Will there be someone in? If not, pay more for a trustee with a key.

Cleaners who cook are something else and I think you will have to pay a higher rate!

"Treasures" are really only got by word of mouth although one of the cleaning contractors might suggest a favoured employee looking for extra.

Staff cleaning contractors are paid very little about minimum wage although the contractors will charge them out for genral work at £11-£14 an hour now I imagine. You don't want one of the cleaning "infantry". However, private cleaners are touchy and need pampering like good dogs and horses. The days of the £5 an hour cleaner are long gone if they are any good and can be discreet.

You might be better off with one of the Filipina girls working in the care industry although how much they want I would not know. They get little but minimum wage in care work.

When I left the Villa Marina in April 2008 the permanent cleaners working for the Government were on £10 and hour and one or two were from the Philippines.

And yet you still left the Island for a Council Flat in Stevenage...

And yet you still left the Island for a Council Flat in Stevenage...

No! I have never even been to Stevenage! I packed up work and retired. Getting too old to do any more work! Are you still working? I cashed in my policies and collect a nice pension. How about you poor sucker?

@slinkydevil Two years difference is okay;-), just send me your telephone number and I'll get in touch with you.

Thanks for the information Barrie.

@the other writers: Plz stop spamming this thread when u don't have anything useful to say.

That's no offense, i just want to keep it at topic

Archived