Claim Back Those Parking Tickets

ans

That's the thing really isn't it; once paid, how do you prove who issued it?

If you have an unpaid one, it's easy to prove but when you pay it, you send it off so unless you have a photocopy of it (which they probably won't accept anyway) you're pretty stuffed. Either that or get them to check all the oness you've paid (I always get a receipt when I pay one) but I guess that'll take time. Could be good though, could get a nice little sum back for a little bit of effort hunting out the receipts.

Hmm, long weekend too. :)

Either way, I'm now £40 better off next month. :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they know that the ones they have given out should not of been should they not return money to people who have paid without them doing anything? it's kinda like obtaining money under false pretences otherwise, and what about people who went to court what compensation do they now get?

If they know that the ones they have given out should not of been should they not return money to people who have paid without them doing anything?  it's kinda like obtaining money under false pretences otherwise, and what about people who went to court what compensation do they now get?

Correct, under the law it is obtaining money under false pretences.These fines will have to be paid back unless Tynwald sit and approve some sort of bill.

Records are kept of all parking fines and the name/number of the person that issued them is on file.

True hense why I said it maybe a bit harsh. (with a bit of reflection on the subject )

Why tho has it took them so long before this has come up? someone somewhere must be getting one hell of a repremand :) ( doubtful but is a nice thought )

edited due to severe dumbness and not being able to spell "one" :)

Struggling to see the point of saying this, if you think you know better why not tell us all.

Given who I was replying to, I find the irony in your question hilarious.

Archived