Oz - Floods

manxy

Saw this recently and just goes to show the immense force of the floods

I did notice that one of the comments mentioned was about people being drowned in their cars. Apparently they were unable to open their windows as they had automatic windows and were short circuited by the water. Maybe this is something the car manufacturers might want to have another look at?

To those who've volunteered and helped out people who were in need or in trouble, good job and to those who've lost friends and relations, I'm sorry for your loss.

hmm lest see, cant open windows water riseing,

yep lets sie here and drown,

or Maybe smashing a window is a small price to pay, darwin awards there me think

If you know some way of easily smashing a car window from the inside without any tools then please share so I know for when the Manx floods come.

hmm lest see, cant open windows water riseing,

yep lets sie here and drown,

or Maybe smashing a window is a small price to pay, darwin awards there me think

If you know some way of easily smashing a car window from the inside without any tools then please share so I know for when the Manx floods come.

you can put a side window out with both feet quite easly,

hell if you wrap your hand up well a few good blows can pop one,

falling that and to ones that may not be able to do that, go and buy an automatic center punch, not vary expensive and will pop a window.

or even splach out and buy a glass hammer for the job.

who knows itm ay save your life

I did notice that one of the comments mentioned was about people being drowned in their cars. Apparently they were unable to open their windows as they had automatic windows and were short circuited by the water. Maybe this is something the car manufacturers might want to have another look at?

You sit tight until the car is nearly filled and then, pressure being equalised, you can open the doors.

apecting water lvls to be as high if not higher than 1974.

dam is at 194% capaiticy, 210% is max it can take.

Isn't this a bit 'Spinal Tap'? (Remember - this amp goes to 11. "Why don't you just make 10, louder". But this one goes to 11!)

Surely, whatever volume 210% 'capacity' represents should be relabeled as 100%.

apecting water lvls to be as high if not higher than 1974.

dam is at 194% capaiticy, 210% is max it can take.

Isn't this a bit 'Spinal Tap'? (Remember - this amp goes to 11. "Why don't you just make 10, louder". But this one goes to 11!)

Surely, whatever volume 210% 'capacity' represents should be relabeled as 100%.

sorry should have said 210% is the maximum load the dam can take. (prob not ment to be)

100% is the base line they like the dam to be working at, so anything over that is 100 odd % over working capacity

you can put a side window out with both feet quite easly,

hell if you wrap your hand up well a few good blows can pop one,

The bloke on Mythbusters seeemed to struggle with that recently and failed

falling that and to ones that may not be able to do that, go and buy an automatic center punch, not vary expensive and will pop a window.

or even splach out and buy a glass hammer for the job.

who knows itm ay save your life

That's what he's going to carry in his car in future

Archived