Oz - Floods

manxy

Those expats aint so smug now gloating in the sun by there own pool.

I'm a UK expat who lives in Brisbane. I don't have a pool but I'd rather live here than on the Isle of Man.

Temperature currently 27 degrees Celsius.

I'm a UK expat who lives in Brisbane. I don't have a pool but I'd rather live here than on the Isle of Man.

Temperature currently 27 degrees Celsius.

Corrected.

Corrected your erroneous correction, I live in an unaffected suburb fortunately.

you can put a side window out with both feet quite easly,

hell if you wrap your hand up well a few good blows can pop one,

The bloke on Mythbusters seeemed to struggle with that recently and failed

falling that and to ones that may not be able to do that, go and buy an automatic center punch, not vary expensive and will pop a window.

or even splach out and buy a glass hammer for the job.

who knows itm ay save your life

That's what he's going to carry in his car in future

I thought I'd add to your post OG with some info from the series you mentioned 'MythBusters link' and the MythBusters Video

CONFIRMED -

If a car falls into the water and becomes submerged, you cannot open the door until the interior is flooded.

You can escape a car that has fallen into the water immediately after hitting the water.

You can escape a car that has fallen into the water as soon as the water inside the car is up to your waist.

You can open a window in a submerged car by attempting to break the window using a window-breaking hammer (as like Gazza said) Lifehammer link

You can open a window in a submerged car by attempting to break the window using a spring-loaded center punch. Resqme link

BUSTED

You cannot escape a car that has fallen into the water as soon as water covers the car window from the outside.

You cannot open a window in a submerged car by using a manual window crank. (There goes my initial theory on my opening post)

You cannot open a window in a submerged car by opening power windows.

You cannot open a window in a submerged car by attempting to break the window using a set of keys, cell phone or steel toed boots.

I would like to add that I did not agree with Metisse's comment 'Those expats aint so smug now gloating in the sun by there own pool' as I thought then, that it would provoke anger and even possibly stereotyping Isle of Man residents with the comments at best, tongue in cheek and at worst, trolling.

Considering the deaths and the devastation of people's property and livelihood, I just thought it uncalled for.

I agree, was more aimed at those who left the island and always have to gloat at how shit our weather is and how great they have it in Aus.

nobody deserves the devastation that many have had to deal with and if i offended you or anyone else, Sorry :(

"Those expats aint so smug now gloating in the sun by there own pool".

Metisse i would not whish this on my worst enemy,let alone those who may have boasted about good weather and a different lifestyle.

For the record most people did get out of their cars but were then washed away anyway, they had no notice as it was an inland Tsunami, however Brisbane did have bit of notice most were able to go to higher ground, but still lost all their belongings.

Very sad times.

"Those expats aint so smug now gloating in the sun by there own pool".

Metisse i would not whish this on my worst enemy,let alone those who may have boasted about good weather and a different lifestyle.

For the record most people did get out of their cars but were then washed away anyway, they had no notice as it was an inland Tsunami, however Brisbane did have bit of notice most were able to go to higher ground, but still lost all their belongings.

Very sad times.

nobody deserves the devastation that many have had to deal with and if i offended you or anyone else, Sorry

was that not clear enough? ffs

Archived