Upvc Windows

whitecityboy

Any suggestions where i can get some UPVC windows from at a good price from a reliable firm

I started looking for uPVC windows, but was recommended to go for white aluminium window frames and doors from Regal Aluminium. They were fitted in 1997 and still look brand new today. Many people have commented on how good the windows look, they maintain the white colour a lot better than uPVC, they have a lower profile making them more pleasing to the eye (less white frame and more glass than uPVC). I wash the windows once a year with car shampoo which revives their high gloss white finish. Call Regal and ask them to point out some houses with their windows fitted, then decide. The fitters turned up on the agreed date and left the house spotlessly clean every night. All windows in our house were replaced in the agreed time - I can only sing their praises. A brilliant company. Last year I called them to quote for a replacement door handle, they came up to quote for the job, but fixed the door for free instead. I can't stop singing their praises.

Any suggestions where i can get some UPVC windows from at a good price from a reliable firm

I started looking for uPVC windows, but was recommended to go for white aluminium window frames and doors from Regal Aluminium. They were fitted in 1997 and still look brand new today. Many people have commented on how good the windows look, they maintain the white colour a lot better than uPVC, they have a lower profile making them more pleasing to the eye (less white frame and more glass than uPVC). I wash the windows once a year with car shampoo which revives their high gloss white finish. Call Regal and ask them to point out some houses with their windows fitted, then decide. The fitters turned up on the agreed date and left the house spotlessly clean every night. All windows in our house were replaced in the agreed time - I can only sing their praises. A brilliant company. Last year I called them to quote for a replacement door handle, they came up to quote for the job, but fixed the door for free instead. I can't stop singing their praises.

I bet if you put a thermal imaging camera to your home the Ally windows would illustrate where you are losing heat. Must admit they do look better though, just a shame that you get frost bite when you touch the frames.

What sort of windows are you replacing? If you need to replace sliding sash then it's a different ball game and different again if the window has a rounded top.

I notice that at long, long last our dim-witted Planners (I have plenty of examples to back that remark) are insisting when replacing a curved top window - such as the many on Loch Promenade - then it has to be replaced with a similar shaped window. Duhh....

Square frames in round holes doesn't work and looks f*ck*ng dreadful. Breaking up the integrity of the facade and takes the p*ss out of the architecture.

Ooops, sorry to have gone off on one there. One of my 'pet hates' is the mess that our highly paid and pensioned wannabe-architect planners (and the committee) have made of Douglas Promenade.

Archived