Peugeot 205 Gti

Overdose

Here I have for sale my 1993 1.9 Peugeot 205 GTI in Graphite Grey, only reason it’s for sale is to make way for a new car. It’s been my daily since I bought it in June last year and is superb fun to drive. Taxed until 31st May.

The car is in average condition for a car that’s 18 years old. I’ve slowly been working through any problems the car had when I bought it although there are still a couple of small issues to sort out. The interior is standard red carpets with half leather seats and uncut parcel shelf.

Since owning it I have fitted a new cam belt, belt tensioner, water pump, radiator fan switch, new pads all round (about 300 miles ago) and battery. The alternator has been replaced, radiator fan rewired, drivers side electric window motor replaced, central locking fixed, heater fixed and the idle issue sorted out to. I've also fitted a towbar with electrics so I could tow my bike trailer.

Body work wise it’s a sunroof model (no leaks) and there’s very little in the way of rust just a couple of small patches, the underside of the car is as solid as they come. Paint is a bit tatty and could do with a blow over at some point (if it bothers you that much). Comes with the usual 15” Speedline alloys with two spares. Everything throughout the car is standard.

Just awaiting for new tyres and a wishbone to arrive then it’ll be ready for a new home.

Other jobs that still require attention are:

Has a sticky calliper on the rear, so needs rebuilding/replacing and a new disc fitting.

Needs a brown multi plug replacing.

Pipework to air filter missing and airbox bracket broken.

Stereo is a pile of garbage and one speaker doesn’t work (could be a loose connection, haven’t checked).

Looking for £750ovno.

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

141k showing on the clock. Was told by the previous owner that it'd had a reconditioned engine not all that long ago and a new gearbox, which I think is a 1.6 unit as the gears are quite short. There's no nasty smoke from buggered valve stem seals or knackered piston rings and the gear change isn't the usual sloppy mess for a high mileage car so I've no reason to doubt this.

Archived