Save The Ring

Amadeus

Well, our ever so competent politicians in the Heimatland have messed up big style and now one of the most famous race tracks in the world is in danger of going down the drain.

Full info about the magnitude of this f-up here: http://www.savethering.org

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheRing

Full documentary explaining the background etc, here (four parts - have added english subtitles to all):

an updated report from last week:

Would be a shame to see this famous track being destroyed by greed and idiocy :(

A visit to the ring is an annual thing for me along with quite a few other locals. Therefore, you don't have to be German to care about it.

Pic below shows a number of manx cars in the Grüne Hölle car park waiting for opening time.

post-188-0-57395800-1295735159_thumb.jpg

As a matter of interest, just what is it suggested should be done with the place and just who is going to pay for it?

All the info is right there in the links I posted, but in a nutshell:

* Seperate Nordschleife from ring°park, the new "leisure park".

* Let Nürburgring be Motorsport.

* Value the great heritage and tradition, rather than Roller Coasters.

* Replace the current oprators Lindner/Richter with Motorsport experts.

Well, our ever so competent politicians in the Heimatland have messed up big style and now one of the most famous race tracks in the world is in danger of going down the drain.

Would be a shame to see this famous track being destroyed by greed and idiocy :(

Could the argument be the same as for the anti-TT brigade?

While it is unusual for deaths to occur during sanctioned races, there are many accidents and several deaths each year during public sessions. It is common for the track to be closed several times a day for cleanup, repair, and medical intervention. While track management does not publish any official figures, several regular visitors to the track have used police reports to estimate the number of fatalities at somewhere between 3 and 12 in a full year

I recall reading somewhere that drivers who die in the ambulance/helicopter en-route to hospital are not counted as fatalaities at the Ring.

Personally I think that it is a good idea to let people who want to try out their vehicles top speed round bends to do so off the public highway.

Archived