Manxman .com

crumlin

Can't wait more idle gossip and rumourmongering, just what the Island needs to help stabilise its image.

The Isle of Man has a very stable image. That’s the problem.

Seriously, the reputation that the Island has stinks. The ‘birch ‘em homophobic old world left behind’ image has gone out the window and the publicity generated as a result of the antics of the ex CM really have spread.

A few weeks ago my broker who is based in Atlanta GA even asked what was ‘the low down on that place’ as he knew that I originate from there.

It’s not the rumors that are doing it, it’s the facts that are.

I think that many of the members of the Keys fail to grasp that what they hear from people face to face is very different from what people say behind their backs.

In one case a ‘minister’ was the subject of ridicule amongst some industrialists, one of whom is a personal friend of mine, (I do have some!) with whom he was in contact last year.

They really did think him an ‘Uneducated barely literate fool’ Not my words, a verbatim quote. Knowing the individual concerned I was unable to argue against their opinion.

A few weeks ago my broker who is  based in Atlanta GA even asked what was ‘the low down on that place’ as he knew that I originate from there.

And the USA is held is such esteem around the globe as well isn't it.

They really did think him an ‘Uneducated barely literate fool’

Could well be describing their leader couldn't it.

I know we have our problems, but they really pail into insignificance when compared to the sins of others.

Archived