The Sound Cafe Voted No.2 In " English Seaside Cafes"

Fossils

I find their food is expensive, and the quality is poor.

I agree. The location is brilliant, obviously, but the quality of food and service has gone down hugely during the last year.

We were there the weekend before last, and the food was atrocious. I ordered Red Thai curry, but what I actually received was some chicken in vaguely spicy tinned tomatoes. Such a shame as the curry they did under the previous management was worth the journey there alone. My wife ordered chilli, and it was dry, luke warm and tasteless. The place wasn't very busy yet at least half of the tables hadn't been cleared away and were piled up with old plates and glasses etc. I could overlook that if they were short of staff, but not the crap food.

The Sound used to be the first place we headed when we had people to stay, from now on if we drive down it'll be for a cup of coffee.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went to the Sound 2 weekends ago, and the food was pants. The manx broth was clearly the last dried out dregs, and the burger/chips were also overdone - the burger was a dry, hard, black lump that was difficult to cut with the knife, and the chips were bad too.

Archived