Duran Duran ~ Secret Oktober Convention

merlot_goddess

Calling all Duranies!!

We're holding the Secret Oktober convention here on the Island at the Hydro Hotel. It's an annual event and something we, the organisers are very proud of. It's been held in Germany twice, in Holland and in London so far, so getting the chance to hold it on the Island is a big coup. Are any of you interested in attending? We always have a blast and make a fool of ourselves dancing and doing karaoke. I'm hoping to get A Tribute to Duran Duran to play for us too.

I'll write more here when I've got the information and have updated the website. It'll give you a bit of an idea of what happens each year. It still says that the UK part is going to be held in Liverpool, so please ignore that. I'll be sorting that out when I get chance.

http://www.secretoktoberconvention.com/

love Vic x B)

frigging A.

declan hush  :P

Vic, get that band from the wedding singer, with the boy george look alike as the singer ! haha

Why didn't I think of that? Hmmm... I take it you're not interested then. You're not all club snobs in here that only wear certain labels and say "oh that's sooo eighties" etc are you? Oh eck! Either that or you must be half my age! I don't care... I'm an old fart and proud of it ;)

frigging A.

Vic, get that band from the wedding singer, with the boy george look alike as the singer ! haha

Why didn't I think of that? Hmmm... I take it you're not interested then. You're not all club snobs in here that only wear certain labels and say "oh that's sooo eighties" etc are you? Oh eck! Either that or you must be half my age! I don't care... I'm an old fart and proud of it ;)

Not a clubber, just old enough to remember the sheer horror of these bastards first time around.

I suggest you get five random blokes of the street, get them to be your band. Slap some make up on them, and prosthetic zits on the fattest one so he can be the singer.

Then imprison them - Guantanimo Bay style - until the concert, where the only sound they can hear at ear-splitting volume is white noise. When they stagger out, ears ringing. Beat them up, chop off their fingers and shove them on stage. And they'll still make a better fist of covering the band's songs than Duran did on their own cover album "Thank You".

You are all so gay! I love Duran Duran, I was going to o and see them in May but decided to goto V instead but anyway I really like them. You are all too young to appreciate the finer things in life. If I remember correctly a famous MF radio DJ has their greatest hits- in CD format.

frigging A.

Not a clubber, just old enough to remember the sheer horror of these bastards first time around.

I suggest you get five random blokes of the street, get them to be your band. Slap some make up on them, and prosthetic zits on the fattest one so he can be the singer.

Then imprison them - Guantanimo Bay style - until the concert, where the only sound they can hear at ear-splitting volume is white noise. When they stagger out, ears ringing. Beat them up, chop off their fingers and shove them on stage. And they'll still make a better fist of covering the band's songs than Duran did on their own cover album "Thank You".

Wow... you really do hate them don't you? Oh dear.

Archived