Forums Birthday Bash

FCMR

a ) I never said I was going, so I've not let anyone down

b ) I actually met up with what was left of the group later on

c ) This talk about me walking past FCMR every morning is pretty moot seeing as I wouldn't know him if I fell over him.

d ) I didn't go because I had something better to do.

e ) This thread is hilarious. FCMR slagging off people for not turning up to an internet forum meet.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a very good night indeed, great too meet everyone.

Ans nearly got me to use the women's toilets in the Rovers!

"Dude, that's the ladies room!"

"Cheers DUDE *sarcasm*"

Must admit could of been even better if more people had come. Oh and who was that guy mission introduced us too in the lounge?

Rhumsaa leg-end?

I had a very good night indeed, great too meet everyone.

Ans nearly got me to use the women's toilets in the Rovers!

"Dude, that's the ladies room!"

"Cheers DUDE *sarcasm*"

Must admit could of been even better if more people had come. Oh and who was that guy mission introduced us too in the lounge?

Rhumsaa leg-end?

Ledge indeed

It was good to meet up with people, put faces to names and all that. Shame it's turned into this, but i guess that was always going to happen. If people didn't want to, or couldn't turn up then thats fine and no-one should really be giving them hassle about it.

I'd definitely go to another one.

I did not go but my portrait was on the wall..."wanted! dead or alive" :D

I recognised Rhumsaa, Mission, and Ean. on the pics.

It was a good idea to have a night out Unisol. You have done good creating this forum so do not let people's negative posts put you off.

Mission I think you have put on a some weight :D

Oh, and No I'm not two faced at all and neither are any of the other moderators on this forum.

I'm sure we all back up what we post

I would beg to differ sir. Not that I'm going to bother trying to rake up any examples.

I'm spending this Easter not far from the M62 J19 so I seriously considered popping over as I make sure I am back at least once a year. What put me off is the way that so many on here take themselves so seriously i.e. not usually the kind of company I would seek out for a saturday night's "entertainment". However, had I known FCMR and ans would both be in attendance I would have been over like a shot! I am sure a bun fight like that would have been well worth it. Oh well, maybe next year or when I am over in the summer.

Out of a population of 70K the number who post on here is very very low so the fact the "gathering" just about made double figures is no surprise to me. But well done Unisol for keeping it going as some of us get some real fun out of it.

-

The moderators are there to do a job and as far as i am concerned they do it. You may not like it at times but that is tough, this site would not have survived without the mods, would have been closed down long ago. Unisol provides this forum to you free of charge, yet it costs him money in hosting etc. Therefore you have no right to gripe and complain about the way it is run.

I got warned on this forum fairly early on for something that i felt wasn't really worth it. My response was to hold up my hands and accept the decision, it was not worth arguing about it is after all ONLY an internet forum i did not make a big song and dance out of it, i raised a question with one of the mods privately and the decision was reviewed. I didn't feel the need to post a diatribe aimed at the people who organise the site.

The phrase "there's a boat in the morning" comes to mind, if it bothers you that much just leave. This is certainly the best manx forum out there and i think it is definitely one of the better forums i visit purely for the wealth of knowledge of posters and the mix of people. Other forums are all based around one thing and you tend to get similar people attracted to that thing (band forums etc) this forum is imho a very good cross section of manx society and i think that is the reason why so many people post here.

It's been said before but i will say it again, the moderators do not need to answer to any posters (although very often they do if a question is raised) the only person they need to answer to is Uni. I think the role of the mods is underestimated by a lot of people, without them this forum would not have survived a year. I doubt it would have survived 6 months.

So yeah, thanks to Uni for setting up this forum because it is something that means a lot to quite a few people BUT also thankyou to the moderators for keeping the site running smoothly.

The moderators are there to do a job and as far as i am concerned they do it. You may not like it at times but that is tough, this site would not have survived without the mods, would have been closed down long ago. Unisol provides this forum to you free of charge, yet it costs him money in hosting etc. Therefore you have no right to gripe and complain about the way it is run.

I got warned on this forum fairly early on for something that i felt wasn't really worth it. My response was to hold up my hands and accept the decision, it was not worth arguing about it is after all ONLY an internet forum i did not make a big song and dance out of it, i raised a question with one of the mods privately and the decision was reviewed. I didn't feel the need to post a diatribe aimed at the people who organise the site.

The phrase "there's a boat in the morning" comes to mind, if it bothers you that much just leave. This is certainly the best manx forum out there and i think it is definitely one of the better forums i visit purely for the wealth of knowledge of posters and the mix of people. Other forums are all based around one thing and you tend to get similar people attracted to that thing (band forums etc) this forum is imho a very good cross section of manx society and i think that is the reason why so many people post here.

It's been said before but i will say it again, the moderators do not need to answer to any posters (although very often they do if a question is raised) the only person they need to answer to is Uni. I think the role of the mods is underestimated by a lot of people, without them this forum would not have survived a year. I doubt it would have survived 6 months.

So yeah, thanks to Uni for setting up this forum because it is something that means a lot to quite a few people BUT also thankyou to the moderators for keeping the site running smoothly.

nicely put :)

Ean

You took the words right out of my mouth :rolleyes:

Last Ten

Well said Ean.

Just like to add my thanks as well to Uni, Tearz and all the mods for the work and time they put in.

I couldn't make it last night myself due to work but I'll try and get to the next one, even though i'll probably just get drunk and talk crap all night.

Archived