Wanted To Borrow Or Buy

manxmini

Wanted:

I need a Acer travelmate 4310 battery just needed to test a laptop with a faulty battery.

I dont want to buy a new battery if the laptops completely dead so if you have one i can use for 5 minutes (or a broken travelmate 4310 with a working battery)

please pm me or contact me on 416792

thanks in advance

Doesn't the laptop work when you plug the charger in?

Long story.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/77400/

your right in thinking if it doesn't work without the battery in its not the battery

I'd guess when the battery is in its completing a dodgy curcuit and can't see a new battery helping with that

but if you still want to try another battery one from any of these laptops will fit as well

Asprie 3050 Series

Asprie 3680 Series

Aspire 5050 Series

Aspire 5570 Series

Asprie 5580 Series

TravelMate 2480 Series

TravelMate 3260 Series

TravelMate 3270 Series

Doesn't the laptop work when you plug the charger in?

Long story.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/77400/

your right in thinking if it doesn't work without the battery in its not the battery

I'd guess when the battery is in its completing a dodgy curcuit and can't see a new battery helping with that

but if you still want to try another battery one from any of these laptops will fit as well

Asprie 3050 Series

Asprie 3680 Series

Aspire 5050 Series

Aspire 5570 Series

Asprie 5580 Series

TravelMate 2480 Series

TravelMate 3260 Series

TravelMate 3270 Series

see i thought this? But once its on its on.. it doesnt overheat and switch off and i can use it like a normal laptop for however long i want (its been on for 2 days before) I can unplug it and use it on battery but if i turn it off or it restarts because of an update/ runs out of battery it wont turn back on again until ive left it for about 3/4 hours unplugged. as soon as the battery has completely drained. not got a lot of charge in it itll turn back on..

Ive had the motherboard out checked the obvious such as video chip cpu etc for bubbles indicating it has overheated but no visible signs so i reapplied the heatsink with fresh thermal paste cleaned out the fan etc while it was out and appart from running a bit faster (when it works) theres no difference.. I'm not too bothered about it tbh just something to do when i get bored and if i get it fixed then its a bonus.

Someone i spoke to was saying it cold be the battery is fully charging but is shorting out at like 95% or a certain percentage. so if i leave it unplugged for a few hours the battery will disscharge a few percent i assume taking it past the point which makes it not work.

so i turn it on and its now charging the battery but when its charged fully it runs off the mains (which is why it works for however long its on) then when i turn it off the process restarts?

Maybe its complete bullshit but i cant find any similar problems so its worth a try... either that it could be a processor fault so may try swapping this as i have another acer 5100 with a faulty motherboard. (the battery doesnt fit from this one :()

Archived