Wanted: Buckets/containers...

Overdose

A bit of an odd one this, but I'm in need of buckets/containers like in the picture below so I can move the contents of a fish tank to a different address. Been to Edan Park, Island Aquatics, B&Q and Bobby Sadler's but not had any luck. Ideally I'm after about 6 of them (25ltr) with lids (be great if they've got handles too), not worried if they're clean or not as I don't mind giving them a good scrub before use.

Anyone got any at all? Or at least know where I could find some?

DSCN0655.jpg

A bit of an odd one this, but I'm in need of buckets/containers like in the picture below so I can move the contents of a fish tank to a different address. Been to Edan Park, Island Aquatics, B&Q and Bobby Sadler's but not had any luck. Ideally I'm after about 6 of them (25ltr) with lids (be great if they've got handles too), not worried if they're clean or not as I don't mind giving them a good scrub before use.

Anyone got any at all? Or at least know where I could find some?

DSCN0655.jpg

Have you tried the Tynwald Pet Centre?

I would suggest you ask for some of their strong plastic bags, then u can fill them, zip tie them, and put em in cardboard boxes.

I've done this before it works well

It's probably the only place I haven't tried purely because I haven't been anywhere near St Johns this week. I'll give them a call and if I don't have any luck there I'll get the ones I found on ebay last night. Bags would be a good idea if it wasn't a marine tank, which means having to transport the water too.....

Cheers.

It's probably the only place I haven't tried purely because I haven't been anywhere near St Johns this week. I'll give them a call and if I don't have any luck there I'll get the ones I found on ebay last night. Bags would be a good idea if it wasn't a marine tank, which means having to transport the water too.....

Cheers.

Using bags is fine for the water too, in fact i have used them for 130l of r/o for my tank setup

Cheers.

Using bags is fine for the water too, in fact i have used them for 130l of r/o for my tank setup

That must have taken a while!! I've ordered some buckets now, at the end of the day I reckon they'll be useful to have for storing top-up RO, doing water changes, upgrading tanks etc....

Cheers for that Cookie, the guy in Island Aquatics said the same thing (was that you?), however I'm after a method that's easy to handle and transport which is why I was after 25ltr buckets.

Thats why I like using plastic bags, u have the flexibility on how much water to use, and the bags only take as much space as the water in it.

Its also easier to get the water back in the tank as u just put the bags in and cut them with a knife.

The bags that Tywnald pet centre have given me in the past are very thick and would be fine for keeping live rock and water in for transport

Archived