Libya To Fall

gazza

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When governments get desperate they divert attention or make use of popular apathy and they have resorted to other measures of their own making to do so, but I don't know what you mean by another 'engineered attack'

We'll leave it at that then shall we.

And although there are many people who are campaigning or protesting across the world about the current economic crisis and management of society, public apathy is so great and attention on trivial matters encourages for so long, it will take a great deal to arouse such opposition that would seriously threaten a liberal democratic system and corporate-capitalism.

I don't think they feel the need to resort to desperate measures yet.

World Trade Centre attacks, I presume? We don't need to debate anything about it. I don't particularly want to.

And although there are many people who are campaigning or protesting across the world about the current economic crisis and management of society, public apathy is so great and attention on trivial matters encourages for so long, it will take a great deal to arouse such opposition that would seriously threaten a liberal democratic system and corporate-capitalism.

I don't think they feel the need to resort to desperate measures yet.

World Trade Centre attacks, I presume? We don't need to debate anything about it. I don't particularly want to.

Fine by me. People are either open to alternative ways of thinking regarding matters like these or they aren't. Internet discussions are futile.

Believing in that 9/11 was orchestrated by the government is not alternative thinking. It is a very common form. I am certainly very open to any arguments that can offer a good explanation as how a government could go about covering up such a massive undertaking with recognition of the risks involved.

I have never come across any such explanation, only a good deal of speculation from non-experts regarding how buildings collapse and other 'fishy stuff' to do with the type of planes, etc.

I am not particularly interested in these speculations.

Although, if 9/11 had been orchestrated by government, it makes little sense to arrange another 'attack'. No sense at all considering the public reaction to 9/11. It makes far more sense to maintain a climate of fear by reference to an existential threat of an attack.

As I say it is each to their own. I wasn't referring to 9/11 in particular, history is littered with dozens of such 'events' but you need to be open to the fact that government isn't your friend to entertain any idea that their leaders would conspire to use their own citizens as collateral in order to further higher agendas.

Somehow, I don't think America wanted to see Gadaffi in the dock at the Hague.

Just a hunch.

Wow, I need a thicker tin hat :-)

No western leader did. Not least our very own cuddly, innocent, everyone's favourite smiling psychopath Tony Blair.

As I say it is each to their own. I wasn't referring to 9/11 in particular, history is littered with dozens of such 'events' but you need to be open to the fact that government isn't your friend to entertain any idea that their leaders would conspire to use their own citizens as collateral in order to further higher agendas.

Then what were you referring to. I don't understand your thinking on this at all. We have discussed the matter of increasing public dissatisfaction of and anger towards government. And then we referred to government steps to do something about it.

You mentioned 'another' terrorist attack. What are the others?

The very fact that governments are not friends of the people and would use members of the public as collateral does not necessarily mean that terrorist attacks will result. A terrorist attack is a particular action, with reasons behind, with risks, and inherent difficultiies.

I think it would be helpful if you fleshed out you perspective some more rather than giving the impression that your views are "Governments are not friends = terrorism against the public."

• 3 months later...

I'm sure we will have another 'engineered' terror attack very soon. When governments get desperate they resort to the same desperate measures. It's the same script, over and over again.

Would this be Syria?

• 6 years later...

Archived