Libya To Fall

gazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm relieved that Iman al-Obeidi, the woman who burst into the hotel hosting the world's media in Tripoli saying she had been raped and tortured by Ghadafi's thugs, only to be abducted again in front of the helpless press, has managed to escape to Romania and is currently being processed as an international refugee.

Link

Looks like she's had quite an ordeal from all sides of the Libyan conflict.

She's only one person out of millions affected by this, but to see her taken away by the Ghadafi regime was deeply disturbing.

• 2 months later...

which country would take him, are there any where the international court wont be able to lift him from.

There's a few places in the world that are untouchable, like N Korea (not that he'd go there) but I reckon Gaddafi won't survive, probably go out in a blaze of glory, rather than face The Hague.

I reckon Gaddafi won't survive, probably go out in a blaze of glory, rather than face The Hague.

He was an important ally in the 'war on terrorism' until less than a year ago. I wonder what changed so drastically. The recent UN human rights report on Libya was also generally favourable.

OT/ Incidentally the US does not recognise the jurisdiction of the Hague.

now is the time for the yanks to make real friends in Libya, going by the c4 news, hospitals, bursting at the seems and hardly any drugs left.

I think a M.A.S.H style camp or 10 flown in and operational now at the climax of events there, would give them a real presence that will live long in the revolutionaries minds.

I'm really uncomfortable with the way we have interfered in Libya. We have no idea what the new regime is going to be like and the media reporting seems as if the war is a sporting event. One minute Gaddaffi is a friend of the west, the next he is a monster? All very disturbing in as much as it seems our leaders are a fickle uninformed bunch of reactionaries!

Archived