L.a. Noire

Digga

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well got it and love it anyone else got it?

Yeah, I'm undecided at the moment. The shooting is the best bit and there isn't enough of that yet. The investigations get a little tiresome with the multiple choice questions and driving is a chore.

Rockstar always come up trumps with their back story, visuals and finishing touches though, so that is keeping me going. I'll give it a few more investigations to see if it opens up a little.

Well lets be honest most games are completed in 5-9 hours so multiplier adds that aspect of extra game play

This game has 25-30 hours of story! Hence my surprise that on 360 at least it came with three disks.

I'm a little bit undecided to be honest: as ever Rockstar have given us a solid story line, yet I think this is sometimes sacrificed for gameplay. There a few too many cut-scenes for my liking, and the investigations are becoming increasingly familiar. As much as I am having fun with it, not sure I will be able to hold out for 25-30 hours of gameplay. Might jus see how far I get without getting fed up and trade it in for Dirt 3.

But it wan't made by Rockstar they just published it, and from the feel of the menus and physics I assume provided the engine. It was written and made by Team Bondi, who formed from the ashes of the studio that made The Getaway, Team Soho.

Currently half way through in 6ish hours, doing all side cases, so I'm not sure how the 25 hours will hold up, the investigation mechanics are getting a little repetitive but its nice to have a game with such a strong focus on story.

Archived