L.a. Noire

Digga

I'll hold out for a PC version, apparently this has the same framerate issues that GTAIV had (it is the same engine after all).

Sub-30FPS at a crappy 720p really isn't good enough these days.

Once you've played GTAIV on a decent PC, the console versions look hideously shonky.

Well needless to say I traded it in today.

Got store credit, until they get some more Dirt 3 units for 360 back in stock.

What was the problem, too much story?

No, in fact the story was the part which I enjoyed. It was the repetitive nature of the investigations which got right on my nerves and that would magically be able to solve the case even if you f**ked everything up.

No, in fact the story was the part which I enjoyed. It was the repetitive nature of the investigations which got right on my nerves and that would magically be able to solve the case even if you f**ked everything up.

Ta. I'm torn between this and portal 2, got some vouchers burning a hole in my pocket :)

Ta. I'm torn between this and portal 2, got some vouchers burning a hole in my pocket :)

I've played both so I'll try give you some idea.

The big thing about Portal 2 is that is a fairly short game, it will take you about 5-8 hours to play through the single player. So to get the full effect of the game, you will want a mate who you can play through the co-op with, as that adds another 3-5 hours to the game. Now personally the length of the game did not bother me one bit, simply due to the fact for the 7 hours of gameplay I got out of the SP: were pure gold. It has a very strong story line whilst keeping you in control, it something Valve are very powerful at doing; telling the story without using cut scenes. Some criticism levelled was that the puzzles were often looking for the next wall to portal, yet I did not find this so much myself.

LA Noire, is a very good game. You will get over 20 hours of gameplay from it, with a strong storyline pulling you all the way through. However my personal criticism is levelled at the investigations, they are often dull and repetitive. Walk around the scene of a crime picking up everything you see, until you are told that item is clue. Interrogations are made up of looking at the persons face, are they shifty or not? Then even if you mess that up then you will still be able to solve the case. The action sequences are usually just chasing someone down, until at a certain location you can jump them or you just gun the person down. It is a game where you have a strong story, but weak gameplay.

Therefore I recommend Portal 2, but that is just my Two Cents. :D

Therefore I recommend Portal 2, but that is just my Two Cents. :D

Ta for that. One of the reasons I've been holding off is that I fancy the Portal on PS3 and PC combo so I can coop with the boy, but that's not been an option while PSN is offline.

Ta for that. One of the reasons I've been holding off is that I fancy the Portal on PS3 and PC combo so I can coop with the boy, but that's not been an option while PSN is offline.

that's what i went for, haven't been able to test the online yet but I'll echo Kadabing's comments, easily one of the best games i've played so far this year ( actually probably the best of 2011 so far! ).

You'll have a long wait. No PC version is scheduled.

Meh I'll pass then, the 360 and PS3 are seriously past their sell-by dates.

Playing through GTAIV again on the PC (as I'm doing now) is an absolute revelation compared to the seriously dodgy console versions.

Archived