Bus Passes

Barrie Stevens

Just got latest bus pass (England) Valid until 2016. Will IOM follow suit?

What are you trying to say?

The IOM has bus passes for everybody over retirement age - 60 for women and 65 for men

No expiry date.

60 for both men and women, actually.

The IOM has bus passes for everybody over retirement age - 60 for women and 65 for men

No expiry date.

Can new residents get them -and the free eye tests, prescriptions & dental treatment - or is their a residency requirement? (Not asking for me by the way - just curious!)

No expiry date.

Can new residents get them -and the free eye tests, prescriptions & dental treatment - or is their a residency requirement? (Not asking for me by the way - just curious!)

Resident for 6 months and 60 years old

Bazza, you are usually so quick to reply...but your opening statement was on the 12th...why the silence?

Only just looked at the topic!

One has to read between the lines and the way that politicians think here (and there).

It was mooted that Bus Passes would go. By putting a date on them (new issue)they are secured in my case for five years. (unless they change the terms ie fare structure but they are more or less secure)

An open ended Pass with no expiry date indicates (if you are politically minded) that they can be withdrawn. ie IOM ones less secure as they have no definite life.

A Pass valid for five years indicates a commitment (We also get £250 Winter Fuel Allowance over 60s and this too has been secured)

The IOM would have probably taken the chance to do away with them if Across had done so.

Because Here has decided to keep 'em going the chances are that IOM will do so as well but in order not to give politicians chance to renege yours should have a specific life also.

I know that it is hard but it is how they think!

Push for Passes with a definite Use by Date.

Simples!

Bazza, you are usually so quick to reply...but your opening statement was on the 12th...why the silence?

Only just looked at the topic!

One has to read between the lines and the way that politicians think here (and there).

It was mooted that Bus Passes would go. By putting a date on them (new issue)they are secured in my case for five years. (unless they change the terms ie fare structure but they are more or less secure)

An open ended Pass with no expiry date indicates (if you are politically minded) that they can be withdrawn. ie IOM ones less secure as they have no definite life.

A Pass valid for five years indicates a commitment (We also get £250 Winter Fuel Allowance over 60s and this too has been secured)

The IOM would have probably taken the chance to do away with them if Across had done so.

Because Here has decided to keep 'em going the chances are that IOM will do so as well but in order not to give politicians chance to renege yours should have a specific life also.

I know that it is hard but it is how they think!

Push for Passes with a definite Use by Date.

Simples!

I think our free bus passes are secure so long as Cretters is in charge of that department.

I thought you would be busy keeping an eye on Osborne's budget and how it affects you rather than spending time thinking about the IOM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived