The Pope

Rog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you probably would. But you are not the Pope.

What is so hard to believe, a man consistently preaches that every second of human life is sacred. And then doesn't back down on his own death bed, so there must me some sinister forces at work here.

Has society been so devalued by sleeze that we can't even recognise a man of principle living up to his principle.

The Pope goes to New York.

He is picked up at the airport by a limousine.

He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, "You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?"

The driver is understandably hesistant and says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that."

But the Pope persists, "Please?" The driver finally lets up. "Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the Pope."

So the Pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over.

The cop walks up and asks the Pope to roll down the window.

Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the Pope to wait a minute.

He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.

Cop: Chief, I have a problem.

Chief: What sort of problem?

Cop: Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.

Chief: Important like the mayor?

Cop: No, no, much more important than that.

Chief: Important like the governor?

Cop: Wayyyyyy more important than that.

Chief: Like the president?

Cop: More.

Chief: Who's more important than the president?

Cop: I don't know, but he's got the Pope DRIVING for him!

Two points here but I’ll hold the second out of respect for the feelings of others and out of respect for the man who did what he saw as his best until after his funeral.

The issue in my mind is not so much did he indicate that he would not want his life ended but rather if he was maintained by medical intervention beyond the norm when in all decency it would have been kinder to simply let him die.

Carter raised a very good point and described an incident in which the preservation of life of a patient seems to have been highly beneficial to the patients family and did not introduce significant discomfort of harm to the patient. Perhaps with a family of 1,1 billion it was appropriate to keep the pope alive as long as was medically possible – I don’t know. What I question is if it was being done just for the political purposes of the Vatican.

What I DO know is that the few lame attempts at introducing jokes into this thread is in my opinion not an appropriate thing to do and especially not at this time.

To everything there is a season. This is the season when there are millions of people grieving for the loss of a beloved head of their family. At the least we should not add to that grief.

So out of respect for the Roman Catholic members of this forum as well as for those of us who do respect the man for the good that he tried to do along with all the good that he achieved I suggest that the thread is now suspended until after the funeral of what was unquestionably a great man.

Maybe it should be locked until then.

I am inclined to agree that out of respect for the Pope and also for those who feel the great loss, that this thread should be temporarily locked and reopened at a later date.

The pope had become very ill and was taken to many doctors, all of whom could not figure out how to cure him. Finally he was brought to an old physician, who stated that he could figure it out.

After about an hour's examination he came out and told the cardinals that he knew what was wrong. He said that the bad news was that it was a rare disorder of the testicles. He said that the goods news was that all the pope had to do to be cured was to have sex. Well, this was not good news to the cardinals, who argued about it at length. Finally they went to the pope with the doctor and explained the situation.

After some thought, the pope stated, "I agree, but under four conditions." The cardinals were amazed and there arose quite an uproar. Over all of the noise there arose a single voice that asked, "And what are the four conditions?" The room stilled. There was a long pause...

The pope replied, "First the girl must be blind, so that she cannot see whom she is having sex."

"Second, she must be deaf, so that she cannot hear with whom she is having sex."

"Third she must be dumb so that if somehow she figures out with who she is having sex, she can tell no one."

After another long pause a voice arose and asked, "And the fourth condition?"

"Big tits" replied the Pope.

Archived