Music Production...

bollocks

Sounds good,

Like the basssounds

I only listened to one fo the tracks -- being stupid I dont remember which

Maybe to pick the drums up a bit you could double track them and add some filtering or fx to the new track. Or if not just cut the drumloops up a bit and drop some of the beats in and out

But I'm probably just talking from my bum (years of practice)

I don't normally make dnb, more downtempo stuff generally

The thing I find the best though is a bit of live instrumentation sampled and looped. Just started recording these myself- basically anythinng you can make a musical(ish) noise with. Once looped and messed with doesn't usually sound so badly played or recorded

I'm trying to use Reason and acid with cooledit whilst trying to work with Ableton live but I find acid much easier to use (years of practice again)

Just bought an alesis airfx but so far it hasn't impressed

I was reading about a guy called Kieran Hebden aka Fourtet he recorded his last acclaimed album (Rounds) using a soundblaster live card plus the PC mic that came with it. Recording and cutting up phrases etc etc with some freeware audio editor - Sounds fantastiic

I'm doing some music production at the mo but it isn't dance music or anything like that. Live band stuff, using Cubase SX mainly, although for some practice tunes I've been using Fruity Loops for a drum sound.

Not got anything mixed as yet but we should be putting an album out later this year.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrr why does this board always keep try send me to some advert page when i am tryingto post anyways,

ez, 1st respect for getting them tracks laid down i know that takes more time than people ever realise, 2nd well impressed basslines bouncin enjoyable, breaks sharp (most imp.) and rollin if a little familiar (alien girl/t-10?? maybe) structure and flow very good, levels sound fine but diff. to tell on computer speakers.couple of comments which you may disagree with but just personal opinions, 1st there is prob bout a million new producers trying their hand at the breakbeat kaos sound of grime mcdirt/tarzan and although you do it better than most might not get you very far as far as tunes getting noticedis concerned, 2nd i reckon there is prob room for a few more bits and pieces in most of the tracks make them sound a bit more individual with some distinctive like i say others may disagree but some break changes, diff samples etc could still be worked in, for example rhodes was may fav. track by far would like to have heard the pads and sax from that used for the intro with the drop from tarzan, nice then nasty brand new funk style, anyways overall well impressed and best luck for future productions

Archived